• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Flathead report 7/12

Turk

Flatheads were on the move last night, but only semi active. All the recent rains must have washed up plenty of baitfish, or made meals easy, because we had constant action from 11:00-1:45 but all baits were soon dropped. Very unusual.
Caught one four pounder while the sun was shining at 9:20, and then with dark the cats came and they just wanted to play.
A normal bite should resume soon, and action will heat up.

Keep Catchin’
Turk

Turk are they done spawning? They may have just been killing intruders near there bed's. If something gets too close they will crush it even if they are not in the mood to feed. That was my first thought? May just be slow yet in post spawn blue's? What's your take on it?

Backwater Eddy.......><,,>

Eddy,

After a further look at that night, I would have to say the rising water had a lot to do with it, but...Hey that's fishing right?
I'm hunting for them tomorrow night with the pool dropping slowly, so things should be rockin'

Keep Catchin'
Turk

Eddy,

Just woke up...The night started out slowly and I was starting to believe that the 17 degree temperature drop was going to throw it all of...However the dropping waters turned out to be a bigger factor- late into the night two pick ups and two caught! They were 10 and 27 pounds! No real big tigers but a 20 pound plus will always fight hard! and that's the name of the game, as you know.

Keep Catchin'
Turk

Hey Turk! It seems more time is being spent hunting for cats. Does this mean that the walleyes have just plain snookered you out?!

J.W.,

Check out the photo on the main page...it's a beauty, and not my ugly mug but the walleye.
That was from 7/15 there were a half dozen more like that too...not bad for dog days!

Keep Cathin'
Turk