• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
amber1

Comments on Youth Ice Fishing Contest ?

amber1

Looking for comments or suggestions for next years event. Is the 10am to 2pm time ok. We haved talked about changing the time to 9am to 1pm. Anything our Lions Club could do to improve the event?
We did have 126 registered for the contest.
A BIG Thank You to Hooked on Fishing who again furnished the bait and extra poles for the event.
Please reply with any suggestions or comments.
DCN
Event Chair
Rochester "76 Lions Club

Sgt. Rock

Several thoughts. Maybe later in the day to allow temps to warm up some. Some kids just aren't prepared for the conditions. More holes needed. Saw people wandering around looking for spots. I drilled about a dozen for people. Schedule to avoid the polar plunge. The parking lot was a nightmare trying to leave. See if we can get the lake off limits for fishing several days before the contest so the planted fish are not all taken by the meat slobs.
Much thanks to the sponsors of the door prizes and Mike for the donated bait. Great deal for the kids.

CrappieJohn

Amber.... I have to agree with what Sgt. Rock says on several issues. You should start right now to work out a closure to public fishing for at least one week prior to the contest. In it's inception, this park was designed for the handicapped and children. Today the fish pigs are lined up waiting for the stocking truck(s) to appear and do a good job of removing the bulk of those fish meant to suppliment the contest. I think the park should be closed to fishing from a week prior to until the opening whistle of the contest blows. Have the big dip on Sunday. Start at noon and fish until four.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]

weird beard

First, thanks for sponsoring a great event. My granddaughter enjoyed her first ice fishing experience . . . even though she didn't catch anything. The "door prizes" saved the day.

I have to agree with the previous posts. If they stocked heavily the week before then the fishing should be restricted for the week prior to the tournament. Let's get Foster Arends back to what it was intended, an opportunity for the handicapped and youngsters to catch fish.

Also, a time later in the day would be good but eliminate the overlap with the Polar Plunge. The parking situation was a mess!!

Thanks, again.

magicstix

i also agree with everything said here. maybe they could stock it with panfish for the contest, since they are the easist to catch, this is a kids fishing contest. just this once a year stocking for the contest, shut the lake down for a week [ off limits] and after the contest the fish hogs can come and catch whats leftover.