• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been trout fishing? What stream and what are you using? With the warm weather i think i'm going to go down around Preston and give it a try.

I have been fly fishing on Camp Creek a few times - mainly scuds, but there has been some midge activity, as well as some BWO's when it has been warm.

Camp Creek is really the only place that is open until April 1 directly around the Preston area. Duschee is open as well when you near Lanesboro. Otherwise, Forrestville is open - I guess that may be construed as near Preston.

ISN'T THE ROOT OPEN FROM THE DAM IN LANESBORO DOWN TO THE MAIN BRANCH? I COULD BE WRONG.

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW! OWLS,MORRELS,FIRELIGHT, AND TROUT!

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Yes, the Root is open downstream from the bridge in Lanesboro. I was referring to his reply about Preston - the Root is not open in Preston. It is closed as the Root exits old Forrestville.

Hey Willie, I fished Forestville both saturday and sunday, and had a good time with spinners and raps. It would be your closest option from Austin. Check the "winter fishing report" for more details.

I will be in Austin this weekend. Any suggestions on presentation and where to go. Is the winter trout season catch and release? Never done it. Might be a nice alternative to ice fishing..