• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DARK30

Cannon River Fishing

DARK30

SOUNDS FUN! I'VE HEARD RUMORS ABOUT TROUT AROUND THE CANNON FALLS AREA BUT NEVER HAVE REALLY LOOKED FOR THEM. I HAVE LANDED A FEW WALLEYES AND SMALLMOUTH IN THERE THOUGH. ANY ACTION OUT BY THE DAM WEST OF 35W?

I'M ALREADY ITCHIN FOR APRIL AND YOU KNOW WHAT! smile.gif

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

MnSportsman

HIya again, Dark30!
"Smart-Fire" still have some coals glowin??
wink.gif [ My son just asked the other day, if I've seen/talked to you & the others since that day.(He's "homeguard" in the U.S.A. at Ft Stewart,GA.)]
The area you asked about is far west of my area, but I have pretty much explored the area from N-field to the Ol' Miss.( & still have more to see). There are some nice fish to be had above(up-river)from "my" area, but I've not had the time to explore as much as I used to. Regardless, since I have more time now(less work), I'd be happy to spend a few hours snoopin' around. Let me know if ya want to "Xsplore".
Get some fish!!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

MnSportsman

Just wanted to repeat something I have said before... There is some NIce fishing to be had on the Cannon river system!
Played hookie from work this morning, since the weather was nice & a front was moving in. Thought I'd try for a few wallies & sauger. Hit one of the favorite spots, & had not much to report, until bang...
a very pretty 19-1/2" Brown trout gulps in the fathead I was using. Didn't know what I had on right away... Never figured on a brownie, but there it was. After a short little play, he was admired, & then gently released for another day. Gordy, the guy I was fishing with, said it was the largest he'd personally seen caught in the Cannon, but he knew they were there.( I've seen & heard of larger ones.)
No luck with the wallies/sauger , but there's still this afternoon!! wink.gif
Just wanted to share this nice surprise with you all. Not to gloat, but to say there's still some great times to be had out there on the water, whether hard or soft!
Check out the Cannon river system some time. You might be surprised!
grin.gif
Wishing you all the Best! grin.gif
Get out there & fish when ya can!
Some weather , Huh? smile.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

Jim W

MnSportsman,
Still waiting for that info on Byllesby?LOL.

The Cannon has always been a destination in mind, but I can't pull mysefl away from the "goodies" down South Way!!

I managed a "clone" of your fish on the ZUmbro, just outside of ZUmbro Falls last year. That was a surprise as well!

Jim W

Just to let you know: I've fished the Cannon River between Cannon Falls and Red Wing quite extensively, and must say it has some of the best fishing around. It probably has the widest variety of fish of any place around. I've seen everything from bass to walleye come out of there. Even watched a guy pull a 16" rainbow out last year! I think the best spot to fish it is by the ballfields in Cannon Falls. I've never fished that entire area and not had tons of action. Just my input, take it for what it's worth.