• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jim W

On about an hour of sleep, we pulled into the Iron Range about 5:30 am Saturday morning. Sarge and I decided on having a warm breakfast before continuing on. After waiting only five minutes,we were greeted by an apologetic waitress who gave us a free breakfast.( we are still in a dream state while all of this is happening).

After our short break we headed North to Lake Vermilion for our day on the water with the Guideman. "False Dawn" and a 3/4 moon lit our way on Highway 169. As if to welcome us a bright "aqua" colored shooting star lit up our forward vision. We accepted it as a "good sign"!
As darkness faded, we both wondered, questioning the extra brightness on the ground. "It must be a hard frost", I announced, when moments later, Sarge questioned, "Is that snow"? Yes! 1-2 inches had fallen on the morning of October 6, 2001! We looked at each other and kept driving!

We arrived at Ace's Guide Service, walking the snow covered dock.
Spending a day on the Canada shield Lake Vermilion, cold or hot, fish or no fish to describe is something hard to put into print.

After spending a day dodging snow squalls, catching fish, we layed our over tired bodies down for a short hibernation.
Upon awaking, we made our way to the North Shore along Lake Superior, to Two Harbors.
The scenery from Lake Vermilion to Lake Superior can be overwhelming! So much beauty that our sensory glands were overloaded! To little time!!!
Salmon bending hooks, breaking swivels and screaming our drag systems!! Just not enough time!!
Fall up North has become a tradition of mine. Even if it is only for a weekend at a time, you must try it, you'll like it!!
What ever you do, don't forget your fishing rod!! There is a very good chance it will be bending up North.

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 10-08-2001).]

Jim W

Can't resist!!
After witnessing the aerial displays last weekend on the shores of Lake Superior, My wife and I are headed back up this weekend to try our luck once more!
I'm hoping to get a good photo!!
All I can say is, If you ain't huntin' you better darn well be fishin'!!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 10-10-2001).]

Sarge

Well Jim, I can't let you beat me back up there, can't let you have all the fun!! SO Leah and I are going also.

I think I'm gonna bring heavy duty saltwater gear this time. Don't want to lose another.

We are going to the same places, so lets meet up. If not good luck!!!!!!