• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Cove

I fished Salem Creek for the first time in early June. Went with a friend who has some land in that area. I caught Creek Chubs at will with a tiny straight line spinner but nary a Small Mouth. Going to go back soon.
Anyone had any experience with that stream?
It looks like it should contain SMB.

goody

I fished Salem Creek once with similar results. All creek cubs and one rock bass.

With all the stone and some decent holes, I agree - it looks like good smallie water. Maybe it's just two shallow for good migration.

Jim W

Goody and Cove,

Welcome aboard!! Please feel welcome to share fishing stories, information and reports! I think you will find this website friendly and informative!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!! Jim W

ssendek

I was wondering where Salem Creek is. I wouldn't mind a few chubs or some rock bass. A fish is a fish and teaching a kid to fish, even on chubs, is for me!

Thanks

Cove

Salem Creek is south of Salem Corners. I accessed it through private land so can't tell you where to access it. As I recall it runs northerly into a branch of the Zumbro

ssendek

Thanks for the info. I know the creek you are talking about. I'll have to find some place to fish it.

Jim W

ssendek,
Have you tried the zumbro in and out of Silver lake in Rochester? A lot of fish to catch and a great place to take a kid fishing.

I'm curious to know how people have done on the ZUmbro in Rochester and Silver Lake!!??
There was a lot of interest not too long ago. Just revisiting the notion!!!
Keep the rods bendin'!!! JIm W

Cove

For old times sake I fished a little bitty hole a little ways down from the Silver Lake dam about one month ago and caught fish basically at will: 4-5 inch bullheads!
Then, in midst of the bullheads a thick little Large Mouth took my crawler.
Years ago when we had such low water I floated the stretch of river below dam out to 37th street and found a good hole around a bend not too far below the dam (within 1/4 mile) and could count on action every evening with SMG, catfish, carp and others but these structures change and subsequent years I could not relocate. I need to float or wade it again and relocate the good spots.