• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jim W- I'd like to thank you for all of the smallie info you have shared in the past and present. Thanks to you, I went fishing last friday at a small stream near my house. I caught 5 smallies, including my first (and hopefully not last) 18.5 incher!! I caught him on the 3" plastic weapon!! I measured and released!! That was exciting, I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to trout fishing!! However, I need to do some exploring, because I know there are better waters out there!!! Thanks again!!!

SEwalleye,

Your quite welcome and thank you for the kind words! Give yourself some credit for trying something new, exploring and landing a piggy smally!!!!! That's what fishing is all about, I think!?

I've been blessed with the opportunity to spend many a day wading, observing, learning and catching! You should probably thank my loving wife, who continues to allow me to "get my fix", filling my prescription of fishing medication!!

Now with this wonderful dry period, get on them smallmouth! They are hungry and willing to choose you as their next partner in a wonderful fishing dance! Let us know how you do in the future!! Let them smallies bend your rod!!!!! Jim W

SEwalleye, I too have learned a lot from the various 'regulars' on this board and I am very greatful. One of my favorite thread came out this past winter and I recommend that you review it as you look for new haunts to fish smallies. Using the SEARCH function on the ROCHESTER/SE MN board enter the words Old Spots/New Spots . This is a thread worth printing and reading over and over. Good luck on your search. If you wish to learn more about smallie fishing in our area, I would also recommend that you check out the South East MN Smallmouth Alliance (SEMSA). We meet monthly and have several projects and objectives that we are working towards, all of which are aimed at improving the smallmouth fishing in our area.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

[This message has been edited by Big_Lew (edited 07-13-2001).]