• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

I bought a pins minnow after all these guys had so much luck with them at Trout day.I tried it out fishing for crappies on sunday(I bought it for the trout) and it doesn't wobble much or it turns on its side when pulled through the water.Do I need to tune this bait and how?Another question,Is this bait designed to be fished as a jerk bait or a slow retrieve style?Any help would be appreciated.

uffdapete

The wobble on the Pin's Minnow is tighter than a Rapala. They should swim true out of the box though - haven't had one out of a dozen so far that didn't.

I work them the same as a Rapala or Jr. Thunderstick, trying to imitate an injured minnow by using varied 4-12" jerks. What I like about the Pin's is their neutral buoyancy and they don't begin to float up if you leave them idle for a second or two. The tendency using that technique seems to be to work it too fast, so concentrate on keeping it slow to provide an easy meal, but still with enough movement to disguise the artificial.

I don't use a steady retrieve, but have fished with one guy that fishes Rapalas for trout with a steady retieve and does okay.

I haven't used them much for crappies. I found with crappies last spring, after watching them bite jigs in water with 6-8 ft. of clarity, that they like a very slow presentation, frequently letting the jig sit idle for a few seconds. If the jig was worked with a lot of motion or too fast they didn't even look at it. That was true for ice fishing too.

Hope that helps.

Jim W

uffdapete,

Thanks for the Yozuri you gave me at Trout Day! I have not had the opportunity to give it a whirl as of yet! Hopefully this weekend. Been out fishing lately!!??
Good Luck and thanks for assisting in providing valuable information!! Jim W

uffdapete

Hi Jim W.,

I've not been out since trout day - busy with family stuff + too much rain. Hopefully this rain will hold off sometime soon and allow the rivers to get back to normal, then I'll take a day hit some favorite spots for trout.
Plan on spending Saturday PM on Lake Winona, if the water is in decent shape. A friend is checking on that today while he's working down there. There's usually only 3 or 4 boats there so if you're willing to deal with the weed problem, there are decent fish to be caught.
Good luck on opener and with the Yozuri.