• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jim W

Hello all,

Trout day will be held at Forestville State Park on the 28th of April(rain or shine, or snow for that matter).

{THIS EVENT IS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY, SO BRING YOUR KIDS OR THE NEIGHBORS!}

If you would like to, bring a grill for some BBQ-ing. Things will be starting around 9:00am in the picnic shelter and run to
"at least" 3:00pm. This pavilion has both open air and indoor facilities.

There will be door prizes provided by area sporting goods/bait stores!
At 10:00 am, The Field Editor for Midwest Flyfishing will be available for 2 hours of question and answers or BS.

Rick plans on coming down as well. There are a few details yet to come(additional presentations etc.) Plan on a day of fishing, fellowship, education and plain old fun!!! I sure would like to meet other fisherman and talk about our wonderful opportunities in SE MN!!!!

PS. I will be providing an update soon! Look forward to seeing all of you there!!
Jim W

Jim W

Who all plans on coming? Sure would like to meet ya. After discussing stuff on the site it sure would be nice to talk with you in person. Look forward to seeing you there!!!
Jim W

Jim W

Bring your trout maps

DARK30

I'LL PROBABLY GO DOWN TO PRESTON FRIDAY AND RUN OVER THERE IN THE MORNING. I'M LOOKING FOREWARD TO FINDING OUT ALL THOSE SECRET SPOTS EVERYBODY HAS! REMEMBER YOUR SECRETS ARE SAFE WITH ME!
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Already have it on the calendar ! Can't wait ! With work, moving to a new house and other commitments have been absent from this forum and unable to wet a line for better than a month. So, I'm really ready to get out there.

LAUGER

That sounds like fun, I grew up on trout fishing in N.E. Iowa, and love it. I fished trout when I lived in Colorado, but since I moved to Minn. I have just been fishing lakes. I think it's time to get back to trout fishing.!!!

GullGuide

Jim,
Wish I could make it, but I have class that day. I saw that you wanted some Green Lake info...email me and I'll fill ya in.. smile.gif
I'll make it down there this spring, maybe on the Sunday following the tourney on Tetonka....would love to get into some of those smallies you've been telling me about.
GullGuide
>"////=<

Jim W

I will be providing new trout maps and fisherman access maps(first come first serve). More details to come! It's ALLLLLLLLLLLL most here! Jim W

Rick

Mark Your Calendars...Only 3 more weeks!!!!

April 28

Jim W

Latest update:

Turk from Croixsippi guiding services has graciously donated a half-day guided fishing trip on the ST.Croix river! Turk is a Croix river rat who understands the ST.Croix and it's fish! He can help you target your favorite species!! Check out his site at Croixsippi.com!!!
Whom ever wins this prize will definitely be in for a fishing treat of a life-time!

If you have'nt heard, trout opener looks real ugly right about now! This only tells me that the 28th would be your best bet to get some real fishing in! SO why not stop down at Forestville state park for Trout Day?! See you there! Jim W

PS. Just received word from the "Gullguide". He is donating a halfday guided trout fishing trip on the Cuyuna Mine pits near Crosby, MN as a door prize for Trout Day! Thanks Tom!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 04-11-2001).]

Turk

Wow, thanks for the kind words Jim...I definately try to teach my systematic approach to fishing speices, on thatfactors in all environmental conditions that are ever changing on the river, and is deadly on lakes, streamsd just the same...I'd like to join you on that dats but a river I know opens for eyes at the same time.
Sounds like fun!
Keep catchin'
Still wet, but no broken back
Turk

Jim W

Trout Day update:

A life long resident and trout fishing expert "Dave" will be providing "Tips and secrets for catching "Brookies and Browns"!!! See you on the 28th

Jim W -

Is that Dave of "On the Fly Guide service" ??

Jim W

jl,

"Dave" is not from that guide service. He is a good friend of mine who I value as an "expert"! He has a well of knowledge for fishing, hunting local flora etc.etc. A true walking outdoors information booth! See ya on the 28th!!!! Jim W
The FIeld Editor from Midwest Fly Fishing will be presenting from 10:00am-12:00pm
The DNR presentation will run from 11:00am-1:00pm

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 04-13-2001).]

Bogsucker

Jim W, How can I reply to this while retaining my anonymity. I will bring my of "well of Knowledge" on the 28th for trout day.

DARK30

WELL DAVE DAHL SAYS IT COULD BE CLOSE TO 80 DEGREES BY SATURDAY AND MOSTLY SUNNY TILL THEN! WE'LL SEE BUT IT SOUNDS ITS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE. CAN'T WAIT TO DO SOME POWER FISHING.
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Jim W

Two days all!

Last little tid-bit. Spring Valley Bakery
( 117 S Broadway Ave. SPring Valley, MN) will be graciously donating donuts for the morning. So if your out fishing or just on your way down, there will be hot coffee and donuts while they last!
I won't be on the forum tomorrow, so I hope to see a few of you down at the park! Jim W

uffdapete

The guy from Red Barn Rods won't be able to make it tomorrow for Trout Day. Earlier on another thread there was some talk he might be down.
However I will have a few assorted rods from him available for sale, as well as brochures and a price list for the taking.

MnSportsman
smile.gif
Heading out tomorrow at 4 AM, Be there about sunrise. Hope to see some of ya out there around then. If not,then we'll catch ya later on. I'm driving a red/grey Ford truck w/white topper,might bring the dog along.
(Brown Chesapeake)

< my oldest son too ,...... if he can get out of his appointment to get his wedding tux fitted.
tongue.gif hahahahaha.
ya right.... wink.gif >

But, I'll be there...the weather looks right,(cloudy works for me), hope the fishin's good.
If not..... Never hurt someone ta go ta church!
wink.gif
See ya out there!
wink.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

MnSportsman

Unbelievable...
My oldest son just saw what I was typing in the last post & said, "I'll be right back....".
Then he came back & said...." I'll be ready ta go at 3:00 in the mornin' Dad, OK? "
Helluva fisherman, eh?
wink.gif
See ya all tomorrow!!
smile.gif