• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Country Club Manor Report

Well my friend and i spent a few hours on the pond yesterday...from 1:30-4:30. SLOW! Fish like crazy showing up on the vexilar and i couldnt trigger anything. I had 2 bites in 3 hours and of course missed them both. Both bites came on waxies...the 2nd felt good..pretty sure a nice crappie. Tried everything..minnows..waxies..spikes..different colors. Nothing worked. When we left there were 2 people coming out on the pond and said the bite seems to be much better right at dark and right at first light. They said they caught 20 crappies saturday late afternoon. So i guess we should have stayed a bit longer. The fish are in there though...i put my bait in front of a ton of fish that followed it up and down 2-3 feet...i just couldnt get them triggered.

I spend about 2 hours Saturday morning fishing there. I caught one crappie and missed a few. slow going.

I fished Country Manor Ponds on Sunday, 2-04-01 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and worked hard to get 5 nice 9-11" crappies and 2 decent gills. I fished where all of the shacks were and moved around alot. Also, caught 2 bass and 2 carp but fishing was slow. I was jigging using spikes but caught 1 crappie with a minnow on my "dead pole". The bites were very light and hard to detect. Despite the slow bite I had a great time as I have never fished there before. Are there any other ponds at Country Manor or just the 1 pond? Any help would be appreciated as I just recently moved to this area. Thanks for all of the great information in all of your postings. It is nice to know there is good fishing around despite the fact that Olmsted County supposedly is the only county in Minnesota without any natural lakes. Good luck fishing!

Fished the pond from 2:00 - 5:00 PM on 02-11-01. Very slow fishing. Saw alot of "gauwkers" on the Vex but had trouble triggering bites. Caught 4 gills(mostly small), 4 crappies(2 small ones & 2 nice sized ones) & 1 small bass. Was using spikes and fished in 10-11' of water. Didn't keep any fish this time as some of the crappies I cleaned on 02-04-01 were females full of eggs which suprised me. Other fisherman on 02-11-01 experienced slow fishing also. Cold front probably didn't help either. Good luck fishing!

Fished from 1:00 to 6:00 PM today with the following results: 23 bluegills, 4 crappies, 4 bass, & 2 carp. Had alot of activity on the Vexilar. Only kept 7 gills(mostly 7-7 1/2" with 1 8" gill) & 3 10" crappies. Was using spikes again & an orange moon glow jig. Didn't catch any crappies until between 5:15 - 6:00 PM. Best success in 9-11 feet of water. Would have stayed longer to try to catch more crappies but I need to buy a lantern. Has anyone else fished Country Club Manor recently? Seems like night fishing may be the way to fish there. Hope to hear some other reports. Good luck fishing!

Fish-n-nut where did you fish on the pond? I am going there today to try my luck. WE are gonna be there from about 4-10 pm. I think that we are gonna stop by the tackle box and pick up some spikes( i have heard too many good things about these spikes not to get any) But if you caught like almost 30 gills that raises my interest! Well like i said i am gonna go out there today and see what happnes. Thanks for the info on the pond!

Born To Fish - Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your post until later tonight. Hope you had good luck using spikes there tonight. Since I didn't really know where to fish at Country Club Manor, I have been fishing just past the point into the long narrow bay where everyone has their portables & permanent shacks set up that they leave out on the ice all the time. The bay is on the opposite side of the pond from where everyone parks. You can't miss it, just look for all of the shacks. I try to move 3-4 times in the same general area if I can't find any crappies or larger gills. Since the spikes are small, I generally have been using 2 spikes on my jig. Sometimes I will use a 2nd rod with a bobber & crappie minnow but all but 1 of the crappies I have caught were while using spikes. Hope this info helps. Let us know how you do. I would like to start exploring other spots at Country Club also.

Well fishing was very slow on the pond. The wind was just a gushing and the conditions were not the best. Tried to fish right off of where you come in(about 100 feet out, u can see where we were i think)and caught nill. But i am still optimistic about this area. We do want to come back on like saturday or sunday to try the other side by all the shacks. Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated!