• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm going to be on the lake this weekend and was wondering if there are any good duck hunting spots on Kabetogema. I got talked into helping out with a camping trip and it's taking me away from my local ducks. Was wondering if they came through Kabetogama at all so I could get out in the mornings. Thanks.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Kab is off limits for Duck Hunting. Used to be pretty good duck hunting though smile.gif

Voyageurs National Park has taken over.

mwktrapper,
There is good ducking hunting NEAR Kab...Black Bay on Rainy Lake is open, and the Rat Root River/Lake which is about 10 miles north is excellent...

But like Rick said, there isn't hunting on Kabetogama.

I believe you can hunt in tom cod bay, I know you can hunt on the ash river, and the ash river end of sullivan's bay also you can hunt on the canadian side of namakan lake. good luck

It would be nice if we could...but NO you can't hunt in Tom Cod bay or Sullivan's Bay, both are with in the boundary of Voyageurs National Park....up river in the Ash river you could probably hunt, but the only ducks will be several locals & and i would doubt the anything would fly-in on you...
Ash River has 75+ homes and locals who sometimes are moving up & down the river...it just wouldn't be a spot I'd like to hunt.
The Canadian side of Rainy Lake or Namakan is a Great option...more costs associated, but can be good hunting.

kab kid is right about hunting in tom cod bay I checked a map on the park boarders, but as for about 1/3 of sullivans bay is open to hunting. Also I wasn't saying to hunt off of the dock of sunset resort and shoot at the boats going by, but go up river. There is a few nice creeks that come into the river and should produce a few birds. Just After ash trail lodge there are not many cabins and very few boats.

I was up Namakan end of last week and the weekend (Oct. 6-10). After the front that moved through Friday all day, I saw a couple of flights of new birds riding the wind. I would not say there were any large rafts anywhere yet though. Seemed as if the lake was turning over (Sand Point and Crane).