• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Namakan report needed

Will be heading to Namakan Sept.13th-18th. Would like any help in catching Walleyes & Smallies. Locations, depth, bait, water temp etc. will all be helpful.
D.W. Hans

Doc Madison

We'll be there 9/18-22. Any input is appreciated. (BUMP)

Sorry Doc but I have no way of giving you a report before you leave. We'll be camping on an island all week. Won't be able to till the 19th. You should e-mail Guts. He'll shoot you the latest before you leave.
D.W. hans

Dusty

Hans and Doc,
I fished Namakan all last week. I would rate the fishing as fair. I found the Walleyes to be mostly deep 30+. I used minnows but did catch some on crawlers. The water temps were 62. If the weather stays steady for a few days, I think the fishing would improve. Many of the fish we caught were spitting up minnows. Good luck

d.roy

Doc/DW, how was your trip - any fishing reports??

Doc Madison

See the "Reports?" post for details. Kab Dreamin did better than anyone I spoke with last week. One guy in our resort caught 2 fish for 5 days fishing. We pulled out one 20" Walleye at the foot of the Ash River (By the falls) in 6 feet of water. Weather was good at least.

Kab Dreamin

Doc,

I haven't been up to the falls for years. Was there a decent amount of water coming over? We used to go up there and just pound the smallies when I was a teenager in the mid to late 70's. Boise Cascade used to maintain a campsite up there that we would stop for lunch at. Once in a while we would find the odd walleye. Very cool place. One spring we were up there and the bears were in the water chasing the redhorse that had run up the river to spawn. Needless to say, we did not stop for lunch but it was fun to watch.

Doc Madison

Kab -
There was a lot of water pounding out of the falls. Very impressive. There were quite a few boats pulling Pike out of that area as well. I was hoping for some Smallies but no luck. We did find some smallies off the Rock reef on the SW corner of Cuculus though.