• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Echo Lake

Not sure where to post this one. But has anyone got any info on fishing Echo Lake?

We are camping there this weekend and I dragging the boat with. I looked at the DNR site and there are supposed to a good number of Crappies in the lake, but it looks like a bowl as far as structure goes.

Any tips would be appreciated smile.gif

If your talking about the Echo Lake near Buyck,MN. I have fall fished it a few times and will again in late Sept. It's not a deep lake, the deepest area is the bay in front of the Trails End Resort and may go 12' depending on water levels. Most of the lake runs about 8' deep. East of the Timberewolf Point Resort it shallows to 3 to 4'. The lake hold nice Northern, Walleye and some huge crappies. Fish the dead heads you'll find scattered about the lake for crappies. If the water is low it's not an easy lake to launch a big boat. We use the landing at the Echo Lake Campground. The only others are at the above mentioned resorts.

echotrail, thanks for the response. That is the Echo Lake we are heading for. I will have to try the dead heads.

We are staying at the campgrounds, we are going to have a few little kids(my wifes friends kids) and would like to see them catch a few fish. For me I just like getting out and trying new lakes, so if I catch nothing no big deal smile.gif

Upnorth....
Bring a variety of cash denominations. The campground is a drop pay box and you don't get change. I think the fee was $9 per night last year, don't know about this year. They do come around early in the mornings to collect fees and will leave a ticket if you haven't paid. Good water and latrines there. Some of the campsites are on the lake side of the campground road and you can pull your boat up to the shore, if it's small enough and the weather is good. There's hiking trailhead that starts right by the pay box. Not too long and well marked. If you want to try something else go another 12 miles East on the Echo Trail to the Lake Jeanette campground. It's beautiful! Same camping facilities as Echo Lake, but watch for surface level rocks on that lake. I think both of these campgrounds take a limited number of reservations.