• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Fishing report for 8/2 to 8/5

Dusty

Three of us just returned from 3.5 days of fishing on the east end of Kabetogama. We had the best fishing of the year and maybe of the last 2 years. We boated about 50 walleyes that were in or over the slot and too many to count that were under. We went through 12 doz crawlers in the 3 plus days of fishing. We used a half crawler on spinner rigs fished on the break lines in 26 to 32 ft. Some of our best fishing was mid morning to early afternoon. All in all it was a great trip and great weather.

Fish02Tour

Dusty,

We had very similar results though earlier in the week it was a bit slower (we were there 7/31 to 8/6). Found the active fish in 24-30 ft with spinners and Lindys then worked them jigging vertically, half crawler worked best. Lots of slots and larger walleye.

We also spent some time on Namakan where the fishing was not productive. Fish were stacked in 36-40 feet and not active. Found a pretty fair number of mayfly emerger casings on the surface, got to wonder how cold the subsurface water is on Namakan.

The whole week made us think that it was mid-June, not early August.

FishTour

Dusty

Fish02
Ya, we had the same results on Namakan. Normally I fish Namakan only this time of the year but I didn't find any fish on my normal locations this trip. I hope that changes by Labor day week.

Hockey Guy

I'm going up this weekend again. How far on the east end were you? Care to offer up any locations or GPS coordinates? I usually fish Namikan this time of the year as well. I would have gone up and hit the reefs out by pike island had I not read you post. If you care to steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I have not had good fishing the last few years up there.

Dusty

Hockey guy

The farthest west we fished was Knox Island. Don't use a GPS sorry. Check out the rock Island just east of Knox, the one with all the Gulls and Cormorants on it. Hard to say what this cold front will do however. Good luck.