• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
89Bronco

Crane Lake

89Bronco

From what I hear Beddow's is a great place. I hope you guys have a lot of fun.

I know that somewhere at Beddow's there are a couple of fishermen that camp there most of the summer. One has white hair and a big blue Lund boat. The other has a small/medium reddish dog with him all the time and I think he has a brand new boat (but I can't remember what kind.) I would ask these two guys. I believe they are neighbors at the campground. I don't know their names, but anytime I am up at the cabin, I see these fellows fishing (especially the blue Lund guy) and I've traded "hello's" trolling past. Blue Lund man starts a slow troll almost every evening in front of our cabin just north of Wolf Point and trolls around the shoreline to the yellow boat house across the lake. These two would be the ones to ask. They are both late-fatherhood-to-early-grandfather age.

My knowledge of where the walleyes are is very limited. I try to get out as much as I can. I know gold jigs have worked for me. So have orange/yellow jigs. Firetiger spinners, hammered gold spinners, orange/yellow spinners with crawlers have worked also. I've caught them in the Gorge, up at our end of the lake (North end), and around the green marker before going into the narrows.
I hope you have a great time and good luck!

Hey guys!

I'm going up camping on Crane Lake from the 19th - 24th with my dad, brother and nephew. I was hoping you guys could possibly give me some tips on where to fish and what to use. We are staying at Beddow's Campground on the southwestern point of the lake. I appreciate the help!

Duke96

ChiBearsCubs03 - Check out the "new to crane lake" thread started by road kill. There is some Crand and Sand Point info in there.

Good luck!

namakan59

Bear fan Cubfan, obvious from da chicago area, where at, grew up in Waukegan, moved here about 7 years ago love it, in Apple VAlley drop me a reply, fish Kab and Namakan quite a bit.

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies! The info helped. We fished in the Vermillion gorge and up and down the opening of the vermillion river quite often. We caught plenty of 11 and 12" walleyes and a few within the slot around 14 or so. We were able to get a couple nice sized smallies out of there also. It was my favorite spot because of the beautiful landscape. However the wind was fierce out there. Battling the wind wasn't fun but we were catching enough fish to keep it interesting! I went out with my nephew into a small bay near our campsite and we caught four small pike in 1/2 an hour which was a thrill for him.

Namakan59 - I was actually born here. My dad is from the norh side of Chicago and his side of the family lives in the Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg area. We don't get up to the Namakan/Kab/Crane area much, but I would definitely like to get up there more often.