• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
WallyObsession

Sort of Strange

WallyObsession

During our outing last weekend we caught a few fish in the shallower water. A 16.5" Walleye and a 2-3 pound Northern. Now here's the weird thing, both fish had eggs in them. Are these fish to young to spawn or were they held from doing so for some reason? Maybe this has something to do with the slow start up there!!!

marcpers101

This year is definitely strange on Kab.. I fished it twice in the last three weeks, and the fish are not where they were last year, or the year before. Last year, all you had to do was work around the grassy Islands, and you were nailng them in 10 feet of water... This year, the cold water has made fishing difficult, because it is not quite as fun to fish in 35 plus feet.. at least not for me.. I am assuming that the fish had already spawned!!!!????

bluegill2

I am not a fish biologist, but I think because the water temp. never got warm enough for the fish to spawn, some times they will just absorb their eggs. That is why you may be catching fish that still have eggs in them. It happens more often in panfish, but the cold temps this year are causing it in other fish also.

bluegill2

I am not a fish biologist, but I think because the water temp. never got warm enough for the fish to spawn, some times they will just absorb their eggs. That is why you may be catching fish that still have eggs in them. It happens more often in panfish, but the cold temps this year are causing it in other fish also.

guts

WO
i AGREE WITH BLUE GILL ABOUT THE WALLEYE NOT SPAWNING, BUT PIKE SPAWN WHEN THERES STILL ICE ON THE LAKE, MAYBE IT WAS JUST A FLUKE, I DON'T KNOW. GUTS