• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gspot

What's cookin Guts & Fishkab?, ...not walleyes!

gspot

Guys,
I just returned from another Kap trip. Caught a few. Had a great time as always. Just continuing my quest to figure things out. (Comin back Thursday). I know the walleyes will move in shallow when the water warms. How warm? I've read a post that suggested guide were already looking (successfully) in Namaken. Does that mean because of the cooler temps and nothing holding the walleyes that post spawn dispersal means N A M A K E N? Also does a night bite occur past the traditional twilght flurry. (i,ve noticed the water looks quite clear-6'ish. Please answer with as much detail as you can
Thanks,
g

marcpers101

I just got back from Kab. yesterday with some buddies.. tough fishing.. we were able to catch about 5 walleyes.. all around 20-22 inches, and 10 northerns.. with many lines being snapped... we tried jigging, but had better success with lindies.. still very tough.. the highest temp I saw on the finder was 50.2 degrees around bittersweet Island.. there was a sand bar on the southwest end producing fish, but too many boats in that small space... I spoke to a few guys in boats who had done better than us, but they were working quite intensely.. we were working on a few beers as well... The slot fish are deep.. 60 feet.. according to Arrowhead Resort, and the larger fish are shallow.. 5 more degrees for the water would help... I am coming back on wednesday.. hope to see different results.. see ya

guts

Hey Guys, fishing slotfish is difficult at this time, the post spawn dispersal justs means it is a condition, the fish of course have spawned, but they are scattered and not schooled up in the shallows or mid range depths. The only schooled groups seem to be in deeper water, not 60' as I read but catchable eyes seem to be in the 35-45' range. They seem to hold tight to the bottom, and when you notice they come up off the bottom, it usually means they're feeding and may bite.

Don't forget the windward side of reefs, and islands, this goes for those above and below the surface.

While fish are so scattered, lindy rigs is a good choice of offering to locate them, once found you could jig the area.

Lots of folks using floating jig heads and rainbows or 1/8" jigs, big hooks and plastics or minnows. Lindy wide gap a good jig in small weights. Slip bobber fishing in the 12-15' range worked well yesterday, late day when it was cloudy. An active area yesterday was the West end area between the penisular and Cutover island.

Night fishing on Kab has been good in mid summer when the water surface cools down and the sun drops. I've found bobber fishing is best, somewhere near your home base. Its easy to get lost, and easy to find rocks.. I've not heard of many success stories after 11:00PM.

Water temp this afternoon pushing 52 degrees. N.Pike still active. guts

Animal

I remember in either 1995 or 1996 the ice went out very late and cold weather persisted into mid-June. The fish never did move in shallow just despersed in to summer haunts without the big spring bite. Thus far, this year is very similar except for the ice out.