• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

post-front fishing

I am fishing\camping out on Kab for the first time-Wolf island area. I am looking ahead to the weather and opener looks like it will be cool side (post frontal?). Any ideas on how the eyes will be biting under these conditions, where to find them, and presentation to use would be be helpful.

Thanks

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

CAL
That is a great area, although there may be a front, in the post spawn time period it should not have any detrimental effect. If the front has an effect, it would tend to send the eyes a little deeper.
The backside of Wolf Island has a nice sandbar that can be great, work the breaklines, near there is Cuculus Island, between the Island and the mainland is a shallow bar thats often good early spring. Heading into Lost Bay fish the inside of Yoder Island.

Be sure to keep the wind in mind, and try to fish the windward side if possible, the Wolf Island shallows would not be affected normally be the wind. Good luck, guts.

Thanks guts,

Just the confidince booster I need.

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

calvinist,, With the fronts, keep fishing deeper. Sometimes, you may be in the 30 to 40 foot depths. Also, with the weather here, cold and wet, the water temps haven't warmed much, the fish will have a tendency to be in deep water. Get out the jigs, 3/8 or 1/2 oz and go slow. Many times this time of year, you will still have some bigger fish shallower and the smaller ones deep. Good Luck Fishkab

Thanks fishkab,

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>