• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Summer Vacation Resort Recommendations?

Hi all, making a big change in our family summer vacation plans this year. Years past we've done the nice resort in the Dells thing with golf, waterparks, etc. This year we've decided to do the "minnesota" thing and spend a week in a cabin at a resort.

So, I'm looking for any suggestions, tips, etc.

Here's what we are looking for; clean 2-3 bedroom cabin, fairly modern, reasonable rates...probably in the range of $600-$1000 for the week. I'll need a boat and motor as well.

It will be my beautiful wife and I, two 15/16 yr old girls (and their bags of makeup, curling irons and about 5 swim suits per day;-)...two 9 yr old boys so...I'll need somewhere with a beach, and/or pool as well as any other recreational opps that might interest the above referenced groups.

Of course it should be on a GREAT fishing lake as well.

Any and all help much appreciated fellow FM'ers.

------------------
River Smallies ROCK!

• 2 weeks later...

KabDreaming,
You're mistaken about the resort with a pool, its not
Eagle Wing, its Idlewild, and it5 sets right next to the road, with the resort down the hill.

As for a resort with a beach, the best natural and biggest beach at a resort is Tomahawk Resort.

Good luck, guts <{{{{><

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 03-27-2004).]

Been going to Kabetogama for 35 years and worked my way through college as a dockboy there. My recommedation for a place with a good sand beach, clean cabins and reasonable rates is Pine Aire Resort. Best beach on the lake and the owners are good people. Good boats and motors for rent, too.

If a pool is a must, there is only one resort with a pool and that is Eagle Wing. Never stayed there but it looks nice from the road.

• 4 weeks later...

Voyageurs National Park is not like the Dells or places like Park Rapids, Brainerd, etc. Just about all the recreational activities are focused on the water, boating, fishing and hiking trails. Most of the resorts are of the older variety, but are very well maintained. A couple of them have made substantial improvements. Teenagers could be hard to please unless they like the outdoor activities that I've mentioned above.

Smallie, Check out the www. ************** website. Many of the resorts have lots of water toys, like water tramps, paddle boats, fun bugs, kayaks, etc. some of the bigger kids like that stuff better than just the beach. Check them out, remember, the more toys the happier the kids, and thus the happier are Mom and Dad. Good Luck Fishkab