• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice/Trails

As of yesterday, the Park service staked Kabetogama marking the snowmobile trails from Ash River to Gold Portage. They expect to mark and stake Namakan today.

The ranger states that Kab is safe to travel with over 10" of ice on the trails.

Spear fisherman still sticking lots of fish, but nothing lately of any size. Ice fisherman aren't seeing alot of action yet, but the word is the walleye for some reason are holin up in shallower water. Sauger coming out of the deeper stuff.

Shallow = 12-18', Deep = 28-35'

No significant action on the crappies..

The ice is great to travel on now with the recent 4" snowfall, the inland trtails and portages have been groomed and are lookin good. Good luck, guts <{{{{{><

• 2 weeks later...

hey guts,

How are the trails up there lately?

Did you guys get the warm weather we had down here in the cities?

We did get up near 40, and where the sun hits the trails they got pretty thin. The lake trails got a slush surface. Today colder weather as well as 2' of snow has really helped things. If the cold continues per forcast and we get a little more snow conditions will be very good +.

I was told by travlers that most of WI. and MI. got near 50 and rain, trails there shot. The say at this time we have the most snow and best trails for what thats worth. I just spoke to the Park Staff and they expect to have all lake trails staked tommorrow including down to Crane and KFH to I.Falls. The ranger stated a minimum of 10" on the trails. Sled traffic should be great by weekend just need some snow. Good luck, guts <{{{{><

LundEx and all readers, we didn't get 2' of snow, we got 2", sure wish we got 2'. Sorry about the error

Guts and others, The forecast for tonight here along the border is for 1 to 3 inches of snow. That will help a great deal. The groomer will be able to get out and fix things up a little. I'll post tomorrow morning with the results of the forecast. Fishkab