• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye update?

I fished Namakan a week ago. The Walleye's were either real deep or real shallow in the weeds. Don't over look the lindy rig.The walleyes we did catch were on worm harness's. D.W. Hans

I will be coming up to Kab next Saturday the 27th. It is my first time. Does anyone have some info on the Walleye bite? Are they off the islands or on the reefs? Deep or shallow? I have a hot spots map to hopefully get me on the right track. Also what is the preferred bait this time of year? Thanks

Dan L.
Well D.W's report is still holding true. The bigger walleyes out of the weeds and the smaller eyes out of the reef structures.

I suggest a jig and minnow, or a lindy rig and minnow, if you need a worm harness or a stinger hook setup remains to be seen, the bite might be on by then and the extra hook not necessary. Read over the hot spots map, noting the traditional fall fishing locations, that info is on the back side and is pretty darn accurate. Normally the deep water walleyes turn on, 30-40' when the water temp drops. Good luck guts <{{{{{><

Just returned sunday from 3 days fishing at kab-nam. 1 walleye in about 25 hours of fishing. The weather was nasty, rain and wind. Fished Kab and Nam about equal amount depending how strong the wind was. We marked alot of fish on the graph, but couldn't find any takers. I got the Aqua-view out and there were walleye and sauger at most every spot I looked but most all were buried in the bottom. Needless to say they weren't very active. We didn't feel so bad cuz it seemed like everybody had similar stories. I do have to give out a thank you to the park service or whoever runs/maintains the campsites on the lakes. Excellant sites and the people that live up in that country are blessed with a beautiful area. I'm sure fishing will pick up. We are already looking forward to next years trip, even with the luck we had on this trip. Just a question, is this normally a good time for fishing on the lakes or did that front really shut her down. Joe