• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Crawler Rig?

Fellas,
Do you have any suggestions for a good crawler rig? I'm pretty familiar with using a minnow or leech on a 3-way rig, but not so familiar with how to rig, or what to buy for a crawler rig. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Go_Fish

guts

Go-fish
Crawler rigs are generally considered a snell with two or three hooks on it. Up here we often use lindy rigs or slip sinker rigs with a snell and often a spinner as an attractant. You can also just use a single hook snell and you have the option of inflating the crawler with a worm blower.

On your way into the resort, stop at The Gateway Store, they have several varieties of rigs, spinners and slip sinkers to get you started. Good luck, guts <{{{{{><

Guts,
Thanks for the reply. It has been a while since I have fished a lindy rig. Are we talking a lindy sinker, followed by a barrel swivel, and leader that has your spinner worm rig on it? Sorry for the ignorance...

How may ounces do you use for 30'?

Go_Fish

guts

Go-Fish,
Right on, however you can also make up your own with removable slip sinkers, so you can change weights without retying. I like to often times use egg sinkers and a 000 split shot followed by a swivel and than a spinner with single hook. I adjust the length of the snell to the distance I want the bait off the bottom. guts <{{{{{><