• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HELP PLEASE..........

Hi! I'm going to Kabetogama August 1-4 same time as last year. Can anyone help me with pike and smallie fishing on the lake? Last year, I did not do very well on either species. For smallie fishing, I've heard that plastics do not work well on this lake, is this true? I was thinking of trying a jig and pig for both species. I tried Slantinsky Bay last year for pike and threw everything at them and only caught 1. I also tried Peterson Bay with little luck. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks
Trollin

Trollin,
This year Slatinski Bay is all but closed off due to Eagles nesting.

Smallmouth seem to hammer spiner baits, crayfish baits, rattlin raps, heddon torpedos, and other surface baits early on, when they go deeper the deeper running raps work well as does live bait.

N.Pike can be found in Lost Bay, Nebraska Bay,Mud Bay Daily Bay Blind Ash, Long Slough and other weedy current fed or dischage type bays. Use stick baits big spoons, big spinner/buzz baits, big lures for trolling shorelines, or for live bait presentations use light northern minnows with bobbers. Good luck, guts <{{{{{><