• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Report 6/21-6/27

Just got back from a week up at Kab yesterday. Fishing was a bit slow due to the mayfly hatch and also some storms that passed through during the middle of the week. The fish that we caught were mostly in the 18-22 1/2" range, but nonetheless were fun to catch. As the week progressed the mayflies seemed to be ending their hatch and the fish were starting to bite more.

At the beginning of the week we were catching 'eyes in the 12-13' range and by the end of the week they were more in the 18-26' range depending on where we were fishing. We used leeches, crawlers, and minnows for bait. Crawlers worked the best for myself at the end of the week. I guess they kind of look like the larvae the fish were dining on. Good luck and better fishing!!

Thanks for the report, you seem to be right on with what other anglers have stated. A few good leech fisherman seem to think leeches are the best. I think it boils down to whatever technique works best for you, as long as the presentation is made in an attractive manor in the right place. Thanks to sharing, guts <}}}}}><