• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota-Canada border

I was wondering about Namaken and Sand Point lakes. do you have to stay on the Minnesota side or are you free to fish any where. How much trouble would you get into? Any stories?

My wife's family owns a cabin on the canadian side very near kettle falls. When I bring guest up to fish I recomend getting your Remote Area Border Crossing Permit, The forms are online at- http://www.canoecountry.com/pdf/rabc.pdf.

This allows you to cross over into canada at will. Which is great, so you can explore freely. it takes about 4-6 weeks to get by mail.

The mounties are around, they check in at the in-laws occasionally. They can technically take you to jail, impound your boat and equipment as well as fines up the wazuu.

A friend and I were nailing some smallies in a bay right across from the inlaws...without a RABC. I told my friend one more, but before we got out of there the mounties came around the corner. The gave us a good talking to, I knew the area ver well so i could also play dumb very well. They let us off with a $75 canadian fine for illegal bait. Luckily we had no EYEs in the livewell or we would of been donefor.

Get your pass and license...you can get your canadian license online at - www.permitme.com
it takes about 2-3 weeks by mail.

good luck fishing!