• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rick,
I was approached by a Voyageurs National Park enforcement ranger who said when visiting this site he notes there are frequent questions regarding rules or regs in the Park that he would be happy to answer.

He wondered if there is a way this site could link to VNP, or if you would be looking for a moderator regarding Voyageurs National Park as it relates to Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point, Rainy Lake, the inland lakes and camping there within..
Thanks guts < ))))))><

Guts,

I think that is a great idea too.

Checked out your post about the tipup fishing on Moose Bay, keep talking like that and I'll be up there before you know it.

What else do you hear about Pike fishing on Kab., never know, might be passing thru next month.

Has your snow conditions changed, supposed to storm tonite the way is sounds.

Later,
Mike

Mike, the storm has not materialized yet, we did get a trace of snow, but its blowing good, and they suggest we may get some snow later today or later in the week.

Pike fishing on Kab is not real solid, anglers fishing for walleyes/saugers are getting Pike action, otherwise Kab/Nam or Namakan is now the best and will probably remain so throughout the season. A nice fact is Northern Pike is a continious season in Namakan, if the ice holds out its a nice option for late season/early season fishing.
Bring on the snow, guts, <{{{{{{><

guts,
I know you posed this to Rick, but as some one who boatcamps in VNP fairly regularily (@ 23 3-5 day trips on Kab/Nam the last 7 years) I think it would be great to have a park ranger help out. I am planning on a couple of 4 day trips into the east end of Rainy this year, new territory for me. Having another link to info would be great.
Just wanted to also say thanks for all that you post here, helps alot of guys out smile.gif
Xplorer

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 01-27-2003).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm all for it.
All I need is his username.

RICK,
I'll try to make contact with him this week and have him e-mail you with details or etc.
It could add a new demension to the page when people have National Park questions, knowing that the question is being answered by an authority rather than heresay.
Thanks Rick