• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Musky in namakan?

Dusty, sorry for the late reply. I did fish the week of 7-15 on the east end of Namakan. The walleye were biting very lightly. Used ultra-light equipment, it was a big help. Also, some people I talked to said there were some musky in Namakan and Sand Point while others said there were none. Any help anyone? Thanks.

been fishing sand point and the surrounding lakes for 31 years...never saw or heard of anyone catching a musky...but ...then again ...things change...jon smile.gif

guts

I've heard wild stories about Muskie in the lakes, but talking with many of the ledgend fishing guides and old timers from this area, they know of no muskie caught for fact. There are huge sturgeon caught fairly frequently from Ash River into Namakan and the interior Shoepack Lakes located within the Kabetogama peninsula have a good population of Hybrid muskie that were stocked in there alot of years back. Some of the 25# plus northerns caught in Namakan might be fooling the amateurs.. I know I've followed the DNRS test netting results in Kab. Nam., Sand Pt. and Crane and they have yet to net a muskie. Anybody else?