• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Kabetogama Fishing Report June9-16

Just got back Saturday. Hope this helps. Weather patterns made finding fish tough this past week. Hot calm early in the week, cool rainy windy late week. Fish were not really concentrated very well. We worked the center reefs in 20 ft down to 30 ft. Picked up a few sauger and perch on jig/leech or crawler. Tried fishing Cuculus, Headlight, Little Knox, Pine with no luck. This was early in the week when conditions were calm. Worked depths from 20-35 ft. We managed a few off the south side of Martin on jigs and one on a gold spinner/leech in 35 ft. Had our best day on the reef that runs east off of Fin Island. Sauger, walleye and perch drifting with jig/leech or jig/crawler. Alot of fish positioned at the base of the structure, that is, where it flattens out into the lake basin. Some fish also on humps on this reef "spine". Got a few bumps working Harris, but no great shakes. A couple guys working the red channel marker on the south side of Ram Island got into some better concentrations of fish.
Caught more sauger than walleye. Nice sized perch, mostly on half crawlers. A few northerns, no crappie, no smallies.
Thanks to Satchmo, Trapperclay, and others who offered their suggestions and advice earlier in the year. Its a big lake and it takes a while to learn it. Next year!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• james_walleye
      DLD I'll keep rigging as long is I can keep catching good fish but entering into August I'll start to pull leadcore more.
    • Wanderer
      Ace, honest question here with no intent to debate, just learning more about muskies. What surface temps do you consider to be too warm for handling muskies?
    • DLD24
      What are your guys favorite presentations this time of year? When I come up I've mostly rigged.
    • CigarGuy
      Thanks Brian, the ratchet straps worked great.... quick, easy and secured it tight. I bought a bunch of big zip ties that it looks like I'll never use😀.
    • BrianF
      CigarGuy, cool pic. Looks like a good time/place for a cigar. lol. As far as securing your dock sections, some folks use bailing wire.  That’s what I use. Heading down in a few minutes to secure mine before the next storm takes sections away. Man, the water is high! 
    • kelly-p
      hal.docx
    • CigarGuy
      Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas?  This was supposed to have been posted last night.  A couple of ratchet straps and I'm golden. Molly the dog is helping me watch my bobber 😀 Two eagles and 5 loons, no fish!!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Fished Big Pine Lake today. Original plan was to fish the Kettle River, but the rain took care of that. I had fished big pine from shore, below the dam, years back and done well, but this was the first time I’ve ever taken a boat out there. Nice lake...looked to be about 2 feet high. Didn’t catch anything until about dinner time, when crappies started chasing schools of minnows on the west shoreline. Caught about 50 of them. I just happened to have a small twister tail that was almost an exact replica of the bait they were chasing, and that was the difference maker. My dad caught a decent pike that went after a little crappie he was reeling in. Was disappointed we didn’t find any bass, but I’d come back here again.
    • delcecchi
      Saw one up Norwegian bay tonight with like 10 basketball size rocks.   Never had to do anything with my old dock since height was adjustable so got no advice there. Posted 3 pictures to be sure I got the right place.  Bits are (nearly) free
    • CigarGuy
      Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas? Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas?