• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

where to try????

going to try area this Sat. Lookng for some action-- panfish OK..bass and/pike even better...Mainly want a relaxing trip with minimum of skiers and Jet skiers and other annoying traffic \ any help on a lake or two to try would be great
Henderson???????....Nest?????....

Please help
thanks in advance
Bob

Wife and I fish all C&R so anything that bends the rod is fun for us and we won't be depleting the resource LOL

Long Lake is great right now for bass, but there will be a lot of boats on it. Henderson can be really tough to fish because it is so deep, although there is some great sunnie fishing there. I haven't done really well on Nest Lately but that doesn't mean you wouldn't. If you really want no water skiers or boat traffic, try one of my favorites, Lake Calhoun it can be super for Northerns, bass, and Sunnies.

Great, Thanks for the tips we will probably try Calhoun..the Mrs. hates when the boat rolls because of someone else'wake....BTW which Long Lake ...I see two...285 acres by Mud lake and 1575 acres
near Eagle Lake????????????????????????

Hope you have some good luck. I am talking about Long Lake right by the little town of Hawick. The one by Eagle Lake is a trophy fish lake that is not very good for numbers of fish.

P.S. Just so you know Calhoun is rather shallow and fish can be located anywhere, even in the middle of the lake. So cover lots of water until you find them.

Had fun....long lake was pretty good although the skiers etc were kind of annoying

went to Calhoun Saturday morning and and algae bloom started. the water just kept getting greener and greener as the day went along got pretty bad by 2:00 quit and went back to long for the evening

Thanks for your help