• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone Fishing in Spicer

I haven't seen any recent posts from the Spicer fisherman. You guys must be catching fish up there. How about sharing your success. The sunfish are spawning, at least around Richmond. Anyone heard from EW6?

Thinking about trying Lake Emily up by Hancock a week after opener.I haven't been up there in a few.How is the access.It was in pretty bad shape last time up there.I'm toting a 17' deep v and would appreciate any info on the launch.....Thanxx

Hey! I've been kind of busy lately with Track and Working.

However, I always find time to get fishing in. The panfish are going quite nicely on most lakes. Sunfish are an easy catch on almost all the lakes, Nest, George, Calhoun, and Long. And the crappies are spawning in lots of lakes with Long Lake probably the best. There are spawning crappies on almost every shoreline. I also have caught nice sized fish on Games, George, and Nest. But there is so many people they are hard to fish.

ScottS- I am kind of upset, because it looks like I won't be able to attend the Chain of Lakes Tourny. I was really looking forward to it, but unfortunatly I have to take the ACT test and State Track is also on that day. Guess there is always next year.

Good luck to all on Opener! Just remember to put the bigguns' back for next year!

EW6-Well good luck on that ACT and in Track. We will look forward to seeing you next year at the tournment. After the opener, I plan on doing some more fishing up your way. I will let you know when I am coming.

talked to some people at the old mill resort this weekend on sunday they were say the bigger crappies were going on long lake by hawick earlier in the week but have slow down do to the cold spell maybe early in the week might be good . good luck jimBo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey Gang,
hows the fishing in your neck of the woods? Any hot lakes or has everything died down in the Wilmar area?

Last week I did very good on Andrew. I was fishing panfish and they seemed to be just starting the spawn. I haven't had an opportunity to get back to Andrew or any other lake. Maybe this weekend.

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

There is a WWA walleye tournament coming
up on green lake, has anyone been there
lately?
Never fished there before,looking for any
info I can get.

Guideman.
[email protected]

------------------

www.aceguideservice.com

guideman walleyes are biting but are in 35 feet of water and in the shallows toards evening nothing real big but good eaters good luck jimBo

Thanks Jimbo, every bit of info helps.
Guideman.

------------------

www.aceguideservice.com

• 3 weeks later...

How is the fishing in the Spicer area? Haven't heard from you guys in a while.

What you been up to?

walleyes biting on lake erie south of litchfield. 12 to 18 feet of water on the east side using lindy rigs and crawlers.

Thanks jermo. Anyone else know of good fishing in the Wilmar or Spicer area?

I have been catching some nice smallmouths (averaging about 3lbs. with a couple near 6lbs.) on both Lake Koronis and on Green Lake. The Smallies on Green Lake are espesially fun as they are in shallow water, just look near any of the many rocky points. And also I have been catching some o.k. sized Crappies on Lake Koronis, Norway, and on Rice Lake.

Has anyone done any Bass or Crappie fishing on Lake Andrew?