• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What is happening on Minnewaska? Rumors floatin around are that people have been doing well on the walleyes. Wondering if anyone can confirm that and how thick is the ice now?

Nels

I was out there Tues. I measured 7" of ice,I used my 4-wheeler to get around, there were plenty of other people running there wheelers too.

I fished the north side of Minnewaska last Fri. afternoon from 3-8:30. I caught 2 walters, 17"-18", and missed 3 more. All the bites came between 5 and 5:30. A fathead and bobber setup got all of the bites. I was also jigging but nothing on that set up. I fished in 10' because someone had told me that they had been doing pretty good at that spot.
Anyone else been out there lately?

Nels

Was out of Starbuck Sunday night into Monday morning. 18 feet of water, 75 feet outside of the weedline at 12-13 feet. Caught eleven walleyes all 13 inches.

Nells Bells...you will be outfished this weekend like you never have before. Make sure YOU bring the camera with very wide angle lens to document the trophy I will catch!

Hey y'all. I just got back from Minnewaska and the Crappies are on fire. We hit our limit in about an hour using K & E jigs (small jigs) and maggots. Very very light bite in 10 feet of water.
Good luck!!

Fished from 5 until 10 last night and we caught 28 walleyes, what a surprise and what a blast. Most of them in the 11 to 13 inch range but we did manage to muster up four 15 inchers for the frying pan.

loosegoose, last nite was great. had a similar experience. no large fish, but lots of them. i've had good luck the last couple of weeks, but the size was better earlier. up to 22". which brings me to another point. could someone please e-mail me the address and info about the LMA.(lake minnesaska association). i saw a sign posted as i was driving around the lake that had some lake info and advice (stocking info and 15" minimum length suggestion). I would like to help them out, if it's not a hoax set up to get some easy $. sounded legit, just want to make sure. i know of a couple others that would be interested in helping out. kudo's to the lma
also, i think a maximum length of 20" should be suggested also. not sure of the natural reproduction success on minnewaska, but a couple of larger fish that i regrettably kept on earlier outing were loaded with eggs. if i could do it again i'd have released ones over 19-20". I've found out there's plenty of "eaters" out there and the 19" and up are a big part of the future.
anyways, anyone from the LMA, please e-mail me([email protected]) with some LMA info and good luck fishing.

[This message has been edited by goose89 (edited 12-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by goose89 (edited 12-23-2003).]

dan 2957,

not sure where you're fishing, but the ice in NOT 12" on minnewaska. not on all areas anyways. if so, there would be trucks and cars all over. not so on the side of the lake i've been fishing. 8-9" max there. i did see one idiot out there last week driving, but most anyone with a double digit IQ is on a 4-wheeler or walking. please check the ice before driving! it may be 12" on one side of minnewaska, but it wasn't the side i fish. good luck fishing.

I WILL BE DOWN THERE ON THE 27TH. WHAT HAS BEEN PRODUCING FOR YOU ON THE BIG LAKE. PRESENTATION AND DEPTH WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW BEFORE VENTURING OUT. I AM A BIG CATCH AND RELEASE FAN AND WOULD AGREE WITH THE EARLIER POST ON LETTING ANYTHING OVER 19IN. GO BACK TO REPRODUCE. THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO. HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON.

There is a good foot of ice on the Glenwood end as of today. Full Size pickups driving everywhere. We walked however. Still a little iffy.

Yep, we were on the Glenwood side last weekend and there were trucks and cars all over the place, but as the post above me suggests, we walked out to our spot. Im not positive its 12inches over the entire lake. Better safe than sorry. smile.gif

------------------
If it aint a BASS, it might as well be a rough fish.