• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Osakis biting, where !!

What's goin' on everyone. Thinkin about headin up to Osakis heard some monster sunnies have been hot, was thinkin' how everyone else hase fiared out there.. Alos wondering if the craps, and the eyes have been biting, and where on the lake, I heard northern side, but where else.. Worms, leeches? whats been the cool fall bait choice for everyone, for the mighty panfish and slabs, and eyes . . thanks guys get back to me if u know anything. .

doods

Just got back from Head of the lakes resort. Yes the monster sunfish are biteing on the north end. Im not sure of the name of the point but its the first point out from the resort. We fished any where from 9 to 14 ft of water 2 ft off the bottom with wax worms or cut up leaches. I have never caught such big sunfish consistantly as I did this weekend. Im talking almost the size of an ice cream pail. We caught one crappie not to big but a keeper. I was told in a couple of weeks when the wheather gets a little cooler the crappies will start to hammer. Talked to one guy who said he was up last year around the middle of October and didnt catch any crappies under 1# 4 ozs. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Boatlessinblaine

Hey doods! What time of day were you catching the bullgills? I am heading up to the north end this thursday for the weekend and was wondering if you were talking morning, noonish or what. Has anybody got any advice for eyes? I am hoping to get into a little bit of everything this weekend, so any help would be appreciated.

fishingfinn

We were out hitting the sunnies this A. M. on the north end (around Caughren point) Got some but the bite seems down from last week, though one couple got their limit, some around 1 pound. They seem more spread out and biting very lightly in 9-12 ft., and hugging the bottom. Also seem to be biting on north shore across and down from Caughren Point. Check out any concentration of boats is the best way to find the hot spots. Good luck to all, and also saw some 1 1/4 lb crap's in the fish cleaning house, don't know where they were caught.

Boatlessinblaine

Hey Finn, where is Caughren point? We are coming up tomorrow and are hoping to get into some of those gills.
Also, if Ghotierman is out there. Where are the walleyes? What is the best presentation for this time of year? All advice appreciated.

fishingfinn

Caughren is the first point out of Head of the lakes resort or if coming from the south end it is the last point on the right side. Most area bait shops will show you a map and also have the latest info. on all fishing, it's worth giving them your business. Good luck this weekend.

doods

Boatless in Blaine we did best from 2pm - 7pm But also did ok from 8am - 12. we used pink flu flues and pink moon glows they worked well for us. if the bite slows adjust your depth a few inches off the bottom. We were also told to try trolling the bay to the left of the point just above the weeds with raps the walleys have been known to be there (8feet of water ) in the morning and evening. We tried it with beetle spins I lost one he## of a fish. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Will be on Osakis 10-04 thru 10-08. Was checking to see if the bite was still on for any walleye, crappies or blue gills? Will be staying on the north end at Head Of The Lakes. Thanks for any help.

doods

We will be up at Head of the Lakes also. The last info I got was the crappies were starting to hit. The sunfish bite was still on. We got most of ours two weeks ago on the North end in 9 to 15 feet of water. Good Luck.