• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gofishingtom

lake mary talk?

gofishingtom

any information on lake mary boucning around out there.. will be heading up there next weekend...any info would be great.. especially on the eyes...

gofishingtom

i'm leaving tommorrow any help ???? please reply... thanks

ghotierman

tom...sorry for late reply...haven't been hearing much from Mary....guessing crawlers on the weed edge will be the best ticket....if the waters starting to cool fast enough, fatheads and jigging may boat a few too....

hope your trip goes well...

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Big Bobber

Gogishingtom-please post the results of your trip. I hope to be at Lake Mary in 2 weeks myself. Thanks for your reply.

gofishingtom

bigbobber,
just got back from mary today and with the big warm up this weekend fishing wasnt that great during the day to hot... fished nighttime once and boated 3 eyes in 13 to 15 ft of water off the weeds outside of little mary.. during the day trolled spinners and jigged minnows only to catch 4 northerns.. hope this helps and when you go hopefully the weather will have cooled the water down alittle to turn the eyes back on again.. i'll be going back up this next weekeend again...

Big Bobber

Any updates on water temps or fishing success on Mary. Heading there the 19th. Any and all replies greatly appreciated.

Big Bobber

Bump

gofishingtom

big bobber,
when i left today the water temp was down to about 67 degrees.. fish day time again and not alot happening still but did ok at night in 15ft of water off reeds by little mary after dark got 4 eyes 2 bullheads and 6 nice crappies... using minnows and crawlers..

good luck next week post how you did please?

Big Bobber

Thanks for your reply gofishingtom. Will let you know how we did next weekend. Where you fishing outside of Little Mary? Redtails or some other type of minnow? Did you spend much time fishing during the day? Thanks for the info. I really appreciate hearing from someone. The water temp should be under 65 by the weekend.

gofishingtom

big bobber,
the bait store was selling redtail for 7.50/dozen so i just used fatheads 1.50/scoop..and yes i was just outside little mary on the outside of the weeds on the breakline where it goes from 15 to 23 feet.. as for day fishing just got northerns and did some casting for bass and picked up a few of those not any size to them

Big Bobber

gofishingtom, did you have your best luck with spinners, lindy rig, or slip bobber?

gofishingtom

slip bobbers

Big Bobber

gofishingtom-just returned from Mary. Fished Friday eve and caught 4 Walleyes down by Little Mary. Two of us caught about 35 bass and about 17 Northern Pike on Saturday. Was going out Saturday night but the strong Southeast wind was not favorable for getting the boat off or back on the lift in the dark, so did not go out again. 30 mile an hour winds blowing up the chute was not a fun thing.

gofishingtom

big bobber
sounds like you have a pretty good weekend of fishing... fish must be turning on more now that water is cooling.. how did you catch the walleyes and were there any size to them?

Big Bobber

Walleyes were 18-20 inches. Used the Lindy glo lead heads with fat head minnows. Water temps yesteday were 63-64 degrees. The water was really dirty compared to June. The bass were either right next to the pencil weeds, or anywhere in the bays. They were tucked right inside the reeds. They did not hit anything further than 6 inches outside the reeds. They definately were not chasing yesterday. Caught several over 3 lbs with spinner baits without skirts tipped with large fatheads. Caught 4 on consecutive casts doing this. Also, caught 3 northerns over 5 lbs with this method. My buddy had 2 bite offs with fireline. He had a ball. The wind yesterday took most of the main lake away. The caps were really rolling.