• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I had the wind blow my boat into the dock pretty bad and I needed to have the insurance take care of it. It's a 2001 crestliner 1850 sportfish.

The estimate was over $2,000 for my damage, but you should have someone who is factory authorized look at yours.

Ole

If it's deep and into the aluminum, you must sand it all down, use aluminum filler (like that made by JB Weld), then repaint it.

If not too deep, just use brush on touch up paint.

Anyone have any advice for dealing with scratches in an aluminum boat. It's a 2002 Crestliner with some fairly deep scratches near the transom. Anyone know the price of getting them fixed, or some fixes I could maybe do on my own?
Thanks a lot

[This message has been edited by fishman50 (edited 07-03-2003).]

what about fiberglass? had the heavy winds on thursday night toss my lift with my larson bowrider in it...the boat ended up down the shore bouncing on the rocks, nearly sunk...(engine was nearly entirely under water)...the prow/keel sustained some major chips/crack, and part of it is gouged out pretty well.