• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

kt....without pinpointing someone's hotspots, I can offer you some general ideas and thoughts on where to start. Cabbage weeds tend to be the key. On the lake maps, they'll show beds of submergent vegetation, but the thick leaved cabbage tends to hold pods of bass more consistently. Also, on LeHommeDieu particularly, big fish tend to go deeper in the summer. A carolina rig is often the best presentation during the dog days. As for Geneva, alot of attention gets turned toward the north half of the lake. There is a 'boot' shaped flat that comes off the east shore, and the main point off the west shore. But don't neglect the south side of the lake. A great cabbage bed out by the bible camp, weedy flats on the southwest corner, and some deep points coming of the south shore. Early season, it's jig time...rip the cabbage....later, go for finnesse, knock the docks, or carolina rig.

good luck...
stop in if you get a chance, we keep the maps up on the wall, and someone here will point out a few more details for you...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Kt,

hows fishing been for you? Been great on some lakes up here!!

Chain gang is tougher right now wtih the post-spawn in full swing with cold fronts moving in and out daily. The bite will get much much better as warmer weather arrives.

The cabbage is up right really nice. Some spots cabbage is coming out of the water in 15ft.

You can go and catch a bunch of fish throwing smaller baits but the fish are also smaller with less and less good fish. But thats still fun.

If you want to be patient and catch fewer and bigger fish just plain and simple throw a bigger bait.

When are you thinking about dropping in?

That gives me a better idea of what you can expect.

Could anyone give me any tips on productive areas for bass on lakes geneva and le homme dieu. I would like to get to know these bodies of water this summer and am looking for a few starting points. I've got lake maps of both, but maps only show so much. Any info is appreciated.

thanks,

kt

Ghotierman, My three sons & I are coming up to SunValley for the week on Sat. the 14th. My oldest one would like to fish for some smallmouth, I don't believe Mill has any. What would be my best bet if I were to try another lake for a day? Any info would be appreciated. Thank You. f2f

fish2fish...

smallie has the right idea...as his name suggests.. smile.gif Minnewaska and Ida or Miltona would be the best bets to get on some smallmouth. Talk to smallie...he's got the inside track...and a picture of a couple nice bronzebacks he weighed in off Minnewaska is hangin here in the store...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Fishman, if your going to fish smallmouth the only good bets in our area are Ida, Miltona, Minnewaska.

Smallies are my favorite fish to fish for and catch what a battle.

When are you coming to the area. If you just want to catch smallies your talking to the right person. I do alot of guide trips for smallies and have alot of good trips on them .

Possibly you maybe would be intrested in that its well worth it.

If you would like more detail give me a call on my cell # below.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

smallie and ghotierman,

thanks for the info. Every little bit helps. I was up in the area last sunday and spent a little time fishing geneva. I got a few decent (2.5 lbs) fish off of the big point, but nothing to brag about. I had the best success throwing sammys and chug bugs on the big weed flat by the northern access. Nothing real big, but they don't need to be giants to be fun on topwater. We probably caught between 15 and 20 bass just on that flat.
I'd like to get back up in the area in a couple weeks. I imagine by then the bass will probably be pretty well settled in their summer patterns. Once again thanks for the info guys, i look forward to applying it to future fishing trips.

thanks,
kt

Fish2Fish,
had a guide trip today for walleyes and smallies we boated over 60 smallies and did real well on the eyes.

It was one great trip watching bronzies dance for us.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work