• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
WaveWacker

Belated weekend report

WaveWacker

Sorry for the delay in the report. Stayed on the home lake (Ida) all weekend. To sum things up fishing for eye's was consistantly slow. It was consistant though. Every time I went out I was able to scrape up 1-3 fish. On average nice sized fish, around the 17-18" range. I did pull one 24" that I CPR'd. Marked a lot of fish suspended out deep (big gals??). Fish came from all over the board. One in 17' one in 33' and all in between. Was using shiners and leeches on live bait rigs. So nothing too consistant yet which means the best is yet to come!

ghotierman

It'll only get better, eh WW?...did you chase any bass last weekend?

still pretty good weekend, though!
another week and they'll be schooling up again...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Anderland

WW, good to hear your report. I was also up over the long weekend on neighboring Miltona. I mainly stuck to the crappies during the day but the evening hours surrendered some nice walleye catches, largest being just shy of 25 in. (released). Interestly, while most boats were venturing out in deeper water I still found the eye's up very shallow after dark. Regarding your question about fish suspended out deep, check out the topic called "cool article, Toad!" on the Brainerd Area Forum, it may help answer the question - if nothing else it's some interesting reading.

WaveWacker

I too found the eye's shallow after the fall of night. We trolled in 4-7' of water and scraped some up. No bass chasing this weekend. A buddy of mine is a big bass fisherman and I usually get out after them when he comes up. Too busy catching or swearing at the eye's and muskies. Plus after seeing some of the meat heads running around in bass rigs this weekend I don't know if I want to be tied to the sport for a while. The cabin is on the bayside of a point that has another point relatively close straight across from it. In other words a pinch down spot to get into the bay (Ghotierman I believe you know where I am at) and I witnessed a couple different rigs come flying between the two points. One time coming close to a guy in a small boat that was trolling the bay. If you are one of these guys I don't apologize one bit for my words. Slow the H*LL DOWN in situations like this. Wrecking your 30k, 40K+? boat and more so killing someone is not worth a fish no matter what size. There, now I vented. Only happy thoughts from here on out for in about 8 hrs I am on the road back up there. Any news on where the eye's are hanging out on larger bodies of water (i.e. Ida)? See you on the water

WW