• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mamohr686

Netting shinners

mamohr686

This is the first year I'm going to open the minnesota walleye season in alexandria. I've always done really well in the detroit lakes area using lindy rigs and shinner presentations for the first two weeks of the season. I'm wondering if this is a popular technique around here also, and is there any local shallow areas where a guy can net a bunch to save some money. I usually get them in lakes with feeder rivers where the shinners come into the rivers to drop eggs in the spring. Any help is appreciated.

Finlander

Try getting shiners in the Long Prarie River.
They are real silvery shiney shiners!
Put them in a clean 5 gallon bucket when you get them because they are real fragile!
Keep good clean water in the bucket or else they go belly-up real quick!
Good Luck!! grin.gif

muchowja

We used to net shiners up in the dam at tipsinah mounds campground near Elbow Lake. We just used a dip net and went in the corners of the whitewater.