• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

vex...indian is a nice little lake...about 80 acres, formerly managed for muskie...they apparently froze out in the last decade....good numbers of crappies and northerns, panfish and bass....and has been stocked with walleye fingerling (97 for sure...maybe some since then as well.) As it's a small lake, it's easily covered in a day...you can learn and explore all the structure. Only one house/cabin as I recall, so you'll have the feeling of 'getting away from it all' too.

good luck!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

hammer'em, I would say that you are pretty acurate with your large lake theory. I'll have to try to limit myself to only a few different spots this year.
agape, The place where you are talking about Little Ida, we're you saying that I should be North or East of Betsy Ross? As for Christophersons Bay, Where about in christophersons bay, on the bars, or in that deep holes? I usually fish the boot just on the southeast side of Christophersons bay. Straight east of that, off the boot. That point has produced quite a few walleyes for me. I'd just throw down a spinner with a bottom bouncer on.

Oh and Gogblon, As for your secret lake. I would be very surprised if there is a lake in the Alexandria Area that not many people know about. Unless you're gunna be duck hunting on some slough, people know about it. Less crowded probably, but no secret.

------------------
Ida_Man_03

Wave Wacker, I must say that i know exactly where you are talking about. I just so happend to be in the same bay that you are. Schwab's Bay is the actual name. I have a seasonal camper over at Ida Rather be Fishin' straight west of you. But oftentimes i fish the point that you have a place on, It's called Lakeview point. But like i said, i'm not sure if we'll be on Ida this weekend, possibly, but we have a few other little lakes in mind. You probably know exactly where i'm talking about. Maybe we'll throw the boat in the water just to swing over to talk to ya and let you know how we did. Hope to see ya this weekend, and stir up some nice stories to tell me too. Good fishin'

WW..bait situation looks good. We've got some dandy, dandy jumbo leeches!...golden shiners, and should have lake shiners tomorrow. some nice sized fatheads too...

Your bay was a crappie hotspot last week...some nice slabs out there...if the eyes don't cooperate, I'm sure you can keep busy with the crappies!

good luck...
hope to see you all when you stop in..

I'll put on a name tag with my handle on it!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Ida man, I stare right at you when I am sitting on the deck sipping on a couple cold ones!! What sort of rig do you run? (make, color, motor, etc.) I'm sure that I have seen you before. If not this weekend I'm sure that I will see you some time this summer. Good luck!

I figured that the crappies should be snapping. I didn't get up there until late on Sat. and had to scramble to help get docks, lifts, canopy's up at the in-laws and neighbors cabins. Was planning on getting up Sunday morning to try it but, we all know how beautiful a day Sunday was. Well hopefully I can get into them tomorrow and this weekend if the eyes are liplocked. T minus 1 hr 15 min and I am on the road!! Should have a nice cocktail in my hand and wait for the Wild to come on by 8. Good luck to all.

Ida man...Sorry for the late reply. Been busy here at work. Your darn tootin' that I will be chasing eyes this weekend. The in-laws cabin is: if you are coming from the north you go between Big Sandy point and Big Stoney (that is what I call them) and keep heading West. There is a large bay on the western shoreline almost cut off by two points. We are on the bayside of the southern point.

Yeah, you are right that Ida has a lot of structure for those eyes to hide on. I have been fishing the lake for about 6 years now and am still finding new hiding spots. I will probably start out at midnight long lining some floating raps around in the shallows. Around big Sandy has produced at times otherwise keep going until you hit something. If I can find them concentrated in an area I may anchor up and float a lighted slip bobber up on them to try not to spook them. Nothing better then catching nice eyes with a slip bobber in my opinion. During the day I'll jig or rig from 12 to 30ft. off of shoreline structure until I hopefully can set up a pattern. Typically on opener the fish haven't been jumping into the boat and I have actually switched over and had many great crappie outings on the opener. I've had better luck making sure that you fish very slow. Around Memorial day weekend things seem to pick up

Keep an eye out for me on the water. I know that I will be up there this weekend, then one off for Turkey hunting, and then back up for the next two for sure. Like I said, I'm in a blue/tan 1775 Lund Pro V with a 75 4stroke merc. Vantage trolling motor on the back. See you on the water.

Hey Ghotierman! How's the bait situation? What do you have? Any decent leeches yet? The boats all loaded and in 4 more hours I am out of here!