• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My wife has a conference at Arrowood this weekend. I was wondering how the fishing is at lake darling? Where would be a good place to try on the lake.
Thanks for any help.

I haven't fished Darling for a few weeks now, but there was a pretty decent crappie bite going straight out from Arrowwood. You'll see plenty of houses in the area. As far as walleyes, I had been doing pretty well on some of the deeper humps. If you're in the area you may want to give Lake Miltona a try for some eyes also. Good Luck!

I live on the lake, but haven't fished it since x-mas, we did well straight out from the resort in the middle of the lake in about 18' for walleyes. Hunt around until you find a break. It's mainly a late morning (9-10am) and dusk bite (4-6pm). The northerns will hit all day in the same locations and the small troublesome perch. As for crappies, I'd try right out from the boat launch at the resort by the other houses.

Arrowwood has a rental house available too...it should be straight out from the resort in a good area for crappies/panfish and the evening walleye bite. Our rental is up on Miltona, some nice perch and the walleyes come thru at dusk...may still be available sat/sun.

If the weather is decent, you could hop around the chain, try the warf bay on LeHommeDieu...out from Bug-a-boo Bay restaurant for crappies, or the north end of Geneva..out from the public access.

If you stick to Darling, check the lake map, and notice the breaks and turns out in front of Arrowwood...lots of potential, and all great for crappies / panfish...as posted before, northerns will cruise through all day long...toward dusk, set up on an 18-23 foot break, or a hump, and prepare for the walleyes....

good luck, and let us know how it goes...

stop in and say hello if you can...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

jblabsnduck....this conference is the Minnesota Academy of Family Practice conference, right?...My wife is a FP here in town, and will be out there Saturday morning....Lots of great stuff for the kids and families to do while the docs are 'conferencing'!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

tyler97-

I lived on the NE side of big darling about a block off for 23 years, but we do have lake access. Just moved last year to the twin cities and don't get out as much anymore around there except when I'm home visiting the folks.

jblabs....stop in if you get a chance...we'll point out some spots!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

jblabs...there is a great place I'd highly recommend...call the store and I'll give you the directions...if I'm not in...have them give you my cell number...!

Hope you have a great weekend!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

ghotierman, Are there any good steak houses up that way?
How has the fishing been? Headed there tonight, be on the lake first thing in the morning.

Professor, can you give me any info on fishing the walleyes and crappies in Darling?We have vacationed on Darling for the last 20 years, but never specifically sought out either species. Any info would be appreciated. ( We are up there in mid July )

tyler97-

The only time that I can seem to find any either of those is in the winter. I'll get an occasional one here and there in the summer, but nothing is ever consistent. It's better to just try other lakes nearby such as Carlos unless it's early spring, then I've picked up a few more from shore right after ice out.