• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Alexandria Area gathering January 25-26th

Rick

We will be having a gathering Sat-Sun, January 25th-26th.

It will be on Minnewaska and the headquarted will be NE Outfitters. Ghotierman can give more details on how to find him or call to get lodging etc.

GullGuide will be posting the starting time and meeting spots for each day.

Join in and have some fun.

Skeets

I will try my best to be at this one! smile.gif
I have a local tournament in Watkins that day, might have to sell my ticket...

GullGuide

We will be meeting at the public access in Glenwood (the one on the N side of the lake near Long Beach) at 7 am. The access is about 18 miles straight South of Alex.
If you show up late, look for the large black portable fishhouse "The Condaminium". We should have a really good turn-out for this one. See ya there.

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 01-09-2003).]

Rick

Everyone is invited.

Bring what you normally would for a day of ice fishing.

Rick

OK all,
who's wants to join in?

muchowja

I think that I will try and make it for this one.\

I am going to try to make it also. How has the fishng been on 'Waska lately?

------------------
<II>'''' U

Big Dave2

I am also going to be there this weekend, just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is very much snow on the lake?. I am assuming there is not.

Anyone want to share any info on baits or depths you are catching walleye or sunfish/crappies in?

How about the ice thickness, Are people driving full size trucks all over on the lake?

Thanks for the info
Dave

I am going to make it too.I will be bringing my fryer and will fry up some fish in this great batter that I got from Mrs.Olsons.Hope to see a bunch of you out there.

There will be 6 or 7 people in our group including wives. Looks like there is going to be a good turn out. Anyone else coming? Scott Steil

If this is a 2 day event, is anyone staying overnight in the area? This weekend was devoted to home projects, but I really want to sneak in a day of fishing and this sounds like fun!

ghotierman

Looks like the weather will break just in time for this weekend...no more unbearable cold!...might even turn the bite up a notch. I personally can't be on the ice on Sat/Sun....but do welcome all of you to the area, and hope you get a chance to come by the store and say 'HI'...

Good luck to all this weekend!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Rick

I highly recommend that you stop in at NE Outfitters and say hi to the guys there.

They'll have any bait or tackle you might need as well.

Cottco

How far out from the DNR access will you guys be and in what direction?

What's the plan for this outing?

------------------
Minnow, please.

Skeets

Fished Minnewaska today, I did't get there till 7:30, so I missed you guys at the access. I did run into Rick and GullGuide near one spot I tried. It was nice to finally meet you guys.

I tried 4 different spots ranging in depth of 8-17' deep. In the deeper water I got a few medium sized perch and one small walleye. The small blugills were shallower, 8-11'. The hard part for me was finding some size, all that I caught were small fish.

I only fished half the day at Minnewaska, I had another tournament to fish in the afternoon.

How did everyone else do?
Any good sized blugill or walleyes?

------------------
Good Fishin'
Skeets
[email protected]

I'd like to add that in the spot we found, 10 feet made all the difference between catching and not catching.
Fishhead and CanopySam set up only about 10 feet away from Rick and I. They were using the exact same baits and managed to only land 3 nice perch and one nice walleye. Maybe Rick and I were just a shade deeper, or maybe into the turn a little more, but that small distance was key.

A word of warning for anyone thinking about going out to Waska-
There is a large open hole just to the West of Priests Point which runs to the south almost to the South shore. It looked to be almost 100 yards wide and close to a mile long. Use caution.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Rick

Hi Skeets,
we moved shortly after we talked to you. I had managed only a few small gills and perch.

I found a nice looking spot on the map on the inside turn off a point with a steeper break than most areas.

We started catching some small perch. Then some nicer perch moved in and we also caught some walleyes. They walleyes were on the small side but nice eater size.

The afternoon was much more productive for us in that spot than the morning had been.

We picked the walleyes up in 13'. A pink/glow Angel Jr, tipped with a minnow head seemed to be the walleyes preference. They only looked at the Glow Devils. The perch liked a Tackle City panfish jig with a waxie on it. They also hit the Angel Eye Jr.

We threw a lot of lures and colors at them before letting then tell us what they wanted. Agressive jigging called them in and we slowed the presentation way down when they came in view.

Minnewaska is a nice lake.

ghotierman

wish the weather was a little more decent for you guys!...thanks to all who stopped in friday/saturday....we appreciate it. If it was your first time on 'Waska...you've discovered a gem...great smallmouth fishery in the summer...walleyes all season...and some nice pike....check out the rest of our area lake too...the alexandria chain offers some premier bassin', and Ida has good smallmouth and walleye fishing...Miltona has become a world class muskie lake, and continues to produce numbers of walleyes..

lots of ice time left!

good luck to all....

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598