• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Having fished both sides of the break, 13 - 18' water, no walleys but plenty of sticks (northerns). Do I continue to hug the weedline or move out into the basin? With X-mas fast approaching, socks and ties are nice, but nothing beats Christmas Eve Walleye dinner.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

[This message has been edited by Cottco (edited 12-23-2002).]

Cottco...could give a more targeted answer if we knew which lake you were fishing...
On most area lakes, you might want to start a bit deeper...and look for the evening bites....look for weeds, too...

Which lake are you stumped on?

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Brophy - South Side near the 30' basin - going to 22 - 25' will be my plan 12/24, then onward to a less agressive drop off - have been twilight fishing general weedline since first ice, but the eyes caught are fingerlings. Any insight is welcome. Northerns, while quite a splash for kids, are fast becoming a pain.

Thank you

Fished last night (not on that lake)but, caught some nice walleyes and crappies in 28-32ft of water seems to me they have moved to there deeper haunts a little early as in the past couple years.Fish seemed awful spooky so stay away from the crowds.Usually I can have my camera down but not last night even the perch spooked away. GOODLUCK
I agree tasty xmas eve dinner

Trying the deeper edges may be productive, as wcmnwalleye said. It's been pretty windy lately, and even with the ice cover, that shakes things up down below...maybe driving the fish to the quieter, deeper holes. Consider the morning bite as well. Full moon cycles can trigger some aggressive feeding, but it has also been pretty bright at night..the darker hours before dawn might be the key to finding the foraging walleyes.

good luck! and good fishing!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Moved out to 24' & 27', but no eyes - plenty of sticks tho - must be a convention. Did both early morning (5:30 - 8:15AM) and night bite.

Think I'll scout around and find the tip of this feeding bar, hug the backside of the weedline, and setup shop.

Merry Christmas.

------------------
Minnow, please.