• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
al jr

minnewaska reports

al jr

any weekend report for minnewaska? i hope to get there on tues. to fish for sunnies then walleyes in the evening. how's the ice?
thanks

danny berg

Was up in Glenwood this weekend to get the fishhouse and move it to the cities, where I now live. There was a lot of permanant houses on the Glenwood side but no vehicles on the ice yet. Didn't talk to anybody about the fishing or the ice, but with all hthe houses there I am sure it is safe for walking.

merc

Two of my buddies were out yesterday and managed 34 sunnies. Bite was slow and very light but they are starting.

Ishmel

We were out from 4 - 7 last night and only picked up 1 small perch, there are a lot of ice ridges and some open water so I'd be careful. We were on the Glenwood side and had 7 inches of good ice as long as we stayed clear of the obvious bad spots.

Good Luck.

ghotierman

Spoke with the local CO on Saturday...he spent the whole day down on Minnewaska...says it is quite trecherous in areas....another 4 wheeler went through...ice heaves...open cracks, thin ice...open water in the middle...
BE CAREFUL!...still lots of activity off of Water's Edge in Starbuck...

but again...use caution!

good luck , good fishing...take care!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

donotto

fished the starbuck end sunday 12/15. three of us, from 2:30 til 8:15 in appox. 15 ft. of water. we had one for the bucket and one throwback.had the camera down while it was light out and saw only 2 northerns. very windy on the lake..

juddfish

Sounds to me like the early ice bite on minnewaska is over. I never made it out there this year. Thanks for the reports guys, I think I will be fishing Reno when I come home for christmas break. goodluck and keep the reports coming