• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Walleyes

Coach

I am coming up this weekend with my son from Thursday-Sunday for duck/walleye weekend. I have not done much walleye fishing in the fall. Could anyone give me info on which lakes, depths and presentation are good this time of year? Thanks.

Coach

Thanks for the info. If the weather keeps up we will be ice fishing before Thanksgiving. That would be a change from the past few years.

bigfishin21

Ghotierman..
I was just wondering how deep the walleyes are in Lake Osakis. I will be up there this coming weekend. I will probably be fishing the main part of the Lake since that is where my cabin is located. Also, what type of bait are they biting on...? I am trying to avoid buying Red Tails because they cost so much. Thank you for your input.

ghotierman

Coach...welcome to the Alexandria area forums! Hope you have a productive weekend with the waterfowl and walleyes. As to which lakes, bait, depth, etc....tough question to give a simple answer. The big lakes like Ida, Miltona, Latoka have had some decent action....some deepwater jigging: 40 feet plus....some on the flats in the evening...8-10 feet with jigs and fatheads. Reno and Mary have picked up....lots of shallow / shore anglers testing Reno lately....crankbaits or frogs from shore. On the Chain...Geneva, or LeHommeDieu offer some good opportunities....jig and shiner or fathead off the steep breaks. Usually an evening bite, but with a decent chop, can be good all day.

The bite hasn't been aggressive, but you should be able to boat a few nice 'eyes in proportion to your efforts!

Good luck and good fishing...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

ghotierman

sorry for the late reply....got caught up in the snow last week! smile.gif

redtails have been really scarce lately too!

shiners are a good substitute, and there've been some nice bites on fatheads...

as for depth....think early spring patterns...look for current areas, and work the main breaks and bars about 15-23 feet deep...

hope you had some success...

thanks

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598