• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Smallie

Huge Bags Of Fish Le Homme Dieu Tournament

Smallie

9-22-02
Tournament of Champions for Wenseday night bass League was a shoot on cold windy day on the Alex chain.

There was about 15 boats fishing for plaques, recognition, and a small amount of money.

The tournament began at 10:00 am and would end at 6:00 pm with two people per boat with an eight fish limit.

1st Place Cory Putnam and Kent Scheel of Northeast Outfitters came in with a monster bag for the chain. Eight bass tipped the scales at 25.22 lbs. They also had the big fish that went 5.33lbs

2nd Place Jeremy Fuller and Shawn Olson with another spectacular bag of fish for the chain. They weighed at 8 Bass that tipped the scale at 23.85lbs they also had a big bass that went 5.21lbs.

3rd Place Bucky solumn and Dave Miller with yet another beatiful bag of fish that went 18.52lbs.

4th Place Tom Wilkins and Kevin Tvirdik with a sack that went 18.00 lbs even.

5th place went to Rob Gooden and Dana Frese of Christophersons Bait came in with 8 bass at 17.88lbs.

These are some very respectable weight for the Alexandria chain, fishing will continue to get better with the practice of catch and release.

Congratualation to all that particapated this year. We have a great group of sportsmen and gentleman that particpated in these events, by practing good sportsmenship and ethics on and off the water. Thanks

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

kt

Wow, those are some heavy weights, especially for the chain. Just wondering what the top patterns were. The fish must be really starting to put on the feed bags.

JP Savage

Smallie........Congrats on your bag of bass.It seems the smallies are moving shallower and are really active here in Park Rapids......Any store sales yet?..........John Reuvers

Smallie

kt,
I threw nothing but jigs all day long caught approximately 25 fish it was a tough bite had to work very hard for the bites we had.
Fished deep weed lines all day had two particular weed lines that we fished all day.

I spend 3to 4 days a week on the chain and have fished alot of tournaments out there. Alwaly had very good pre-fishing catching big fish but could never bring in more than 17lbs during the summer. I couldn't get enough big bites in a tournament. I'm happy with 16lbs on 8 fish in any tournament on the chain cause 9 times out of 10 you will cash.

My hard work of trial and error paid off after a short summer but many many hours on the water. It felt super to reach the success that I have always imagined.

Thanks for your comments. Heading to millace smally fishing in the morning.

Good Fishing

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Banger

Once again, Congradulations Smallie! There was some real nice fish brought in on Sunday. The wind and the cold temperatures made the bite tough for the boat I was in. We couldn't find the big bites. We had a good time. The league put on by Northeast Outfitters was run extremely well. I am looking forward to fishing in it again next year.

Smallie

Jp savage hey fella good to know that your still kickin. Yes we could work some thing out on some fall special buys on plastics give me a ring either on my cell or the work phone.

I'm intrested to hear from for how the fishing has been for you the last month and half.

See ya good fishing

Im going to chase the hard fighters in the morning.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work