• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This is the best time of the year because you can do it all. Bow Hunt, ducks, pheasants, early goose, But nothing beats fall fishing.

Theres so many differnt ways to catch walleyes smallmouth and largemouth this time of year. That cool cold crisp of air is right around the corner along with some of the best fishing of the year, and yet with fewer boats fishing got love it.

Sept 8th

Lake Ida outing 6:30 am two largemouth over 20,21" 1 smallmouht 18.5" and another half dozend 17" largemouth. Went out same night and put some more big fish in the boat 1 more 20" and 18.5" thats a awesome day on the water got a few walleyes also. Got some nice photos. Those fish will be bigger next year.

This time of year smallmouth closed today on sept 9th. Also this time of year they go bannas so you will probably hook some. If you hook them deep cut that line immediatley. The smallmouth population is extremley delicate in douglas county.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Smallie...What tactics (presentation, depths, structure type, etc.) where you using? Did you hook the walleyes using the same methods? Can't agree with you more on handling the fish carefully and get them back into the water. I'll be up this weekend to try my luck. What's yours (or anyones) latest word on what areas/presentations one should try for walleyes on Ida? Thanks in advance.

Wave Wacker,
Theres some great humps on the south end of Ida and by pilgrims- stony point two smaller humps. Both humps top out about 20- 23ft. Red tails have been working great right along with night crawlers.

Look for mid lake bars that have relatively deep water jutting into the bar.

Good Fishing

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Hey smallie I might be interested in a guided trip to one of your big bass lakes this fall. Do you have any openings on any weekends in late september or early october?

thanks a lot,

kt

Kt,
Yes I will Have some opening but they are booking fast. I have 3 trips lined up just no dates set. These are smallmouth trips. I give these guys a call when they start going.

This time of year we have alot of options to do you could have mixed day with some nice smallmouth action and then go to largemouth.

When these fish move up on the shallow rocks you can really load the boat on these super powerful fish what a hoot!!

Kt give me a call and well see what we can do.

Had a good bite on Lake Chippewa last night fishing the dnr cribs with jigs. Caought some nice largemouth 18" was the biggest. Beautiful night on the water but the days are getting to short.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

9-12-02

Lake Ida went out in the afternoon had some great smallmouth and largemouth fishing.

Big smallie went a little over 19". What a great fight thought he might of went over 20" next year he will be over 20"

Walleyes are also going strong out on mid lake saddles and humps.

Quit wishing and Go Fishing!!!

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Smallie,

What are those Smallmouth hitting on. I might try to fish Ida this weekend. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Ranger dog,
I caught the 19" smallie on a black and blue jig and pig. Hooke up with two on rapla skitter pop. Thats a hoot throwing top water for bronzies. Also boated one on a jig worm.

YOu can catch smallmouth this time of year alot of differnt ways.

Suspending jerk baits work wonders as well as tubes and spinnerbaits.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, spending enough tim in the boats? If not you better get on the water cause your missing out on some of the best fishing of the year for just about every kind of species.

Walleye fishng continues to be good on a good number of lakes.

I was on Ida yesterday wich was wenseday it was cold but managed to put some good fish in the boat.

Some great big smallmouth and largemouth action. For those that havent ever fished for smallmouth your missing out on one of the hardest fighting fish you will ever land in lakes aroung here. Pound for pound they will wear you out.

Muskies have been going strong for the past month and will continue to get better.

Have a good duck opener for those going out for me I'll be sitting in the boat, and in the stand in the evening.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work