• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can anyone recommend a good small mouth lake? I am used to fishing on Dead Lake around the first week of June. This lake seems to be great for LM bass and Crappie. Walleye and Northern seem to run small. Maybe it's because its the time of the year I am there. I'm really wanting to catch nice small mouth and crappie. Any idea on a new lake, time of year and accommodations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Flipr3

Flipr....Lake Ida is a great smallmouth fishery, and holds decent crappies too. Scroll down and look at some posts from "Smallie"....he knows Ida well, and is a nut for bronzebacks....Minnewaska also does well for smallmouth. As for accomodations, lots of resorts and motels to choose from here....some may even be linked to FM. If you want smallmouth action, I highly recommend Lake Ida..

good luck, and good fishing...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Kt, yes North Lida, would be an excellent choice to go small mouth fishing. Just across the road from ther you have two more excellent small mouth lakes. Lake Lizzie, and Crystal are both excellent small mouth lakes.

Lake Ida, Minnewaska, Miltona, are excellent choices in the Alexandria area. But you will be able to get more numbers on the others listed.

Please keep in mind these are sport fish only, unless a trophy to be admired on the wall.

Swing into the store with lake Maps of Lizzie, Lida, Crystal, and I will give you some advice where, what and how ECT...

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Flip, yes North Lida, would be an excellent choice to go small mouth fishing. Just across the road from ther you have two more excellent small mouth lakes. Lake Lizzie, and Crystal are both excellent small mouth lakes.

Lake Ida, Minnewaska, Miltona, are excellent choices in the Alexandria area. But you will be able to get more numbers on the others listed.

Please keep in mind these are sport fish only, unless a trophy to be admired on the wall.

Swing into the store with lake Maps of Lizzie, Lida, Crystal, and I will give you some advice where, what and how ECT...

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

North Lida has some fantastic smallmouth fishing. Like smallie said, please catch and release these fish. Best tactics are throwing topwater on the rocks or plastics.

Good luck.