• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mistermom

Lake Emily

mistermom

Emily this weekend. Any advice would be great. I've never fished it before, but keep hearing good reports (look at the 2000 DNR survey for this lake). Thanks!

Mistermom

ghotierman

Latest survey shows great numbers, and they're decent fish. Great lake for first ice, and early spring. It's murky and essentially like a broad flat in the Chippewa river. No real structure here, and expect a lot of weeds. I'd suggest throwing jig and minnows around the breaks in the weeds. Weedless jigs like the weed weasels with a fathead or small shiner. Maximum depth is less than seven feet, yet 2400 acres to explore. Weed patterns will be key.

good luck and good fishing
let us know how you do!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

angler903

I was on Emily on tuesday night trolling rapalas we caught 1 northern pike and 2 walleye from 7:00 to 9:30. There is weeds on eastside, westside and middle were open. We talked to a boat using leeches right in front of landing and they caught fish. I usually troll shallow shads or husky jerks off the point straight out and to the left there is a rock bar and eagle nest good area. Another is just to the right of the access were there is cabins being put in. A lot of people work the eastside were there is a long rock weeds and the deepest water.

The fish have been biting for awhile so get there soon, and good luck.

mistermom

Hey guys thanks for the responses! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it out this last weekend. But I will get out there eventually. And when I do I'll post it. Thanks again!

mistermom

P.S. The name "mistermom" has a lot to do with why I didn't get out.