• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm going to be at Lake Carlos from the 22nd to 29th of June. Interested in catching any or all species but would like to know where and what would be my best chances for action. I have a 4 year old so will also need some ideas for shore fishing as well. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be staying at lake carlos from june 24-28...we do it every year and our best luck with sunnies is on la homme deu...not sure on the spelling....but its connected to carlos.

Carlos will offer plenty of opportunities for bass and panfish, and for walleyes. It's a deep clear lake, that should be decently warmed by your arrival, so the bite should be on. As for shore fishing opportunities, this area has oodles. (scroll down and check out the shore-fishing post). Carlos has great spots along the north shore at the state park, and near the dam where it flows out into the Long Prairie river. Other great family friendly spots for your four year old would include the fishing piers on Geneva and Agnes. There is also a pier on the south end of Victoria. If you go to Agnes, there is a walking trail that nearly circles the lake...lots of spots to fish from shore there, and great for spotting turtles, ducks and lurking bass in the shadows...a great side trip if the little tike wants an adventure beyond fishing. The Agnes pier is accessible from City Park...Lake Henry is right there on the park shores as well...offering more shoreline adventures for nice bass and panfish. Hope this info helps....let me know if you need more info.

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598