• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Lake Andrew

have a cabin on lake Andrew for the memorial day weekend for the first time.. Any tips on where to go and any reports on how fishing is on this lake?

Chris

juddfish

All I can say is good luck! I lived on that lake for two years while going to tech school and the resort owner would let us take the boats out and we found fishing to be pretty slow. If you want northerns that will be very easy because they hit anything out there. The only place we could catch walleyes was in deep water. I think we had the best luck in about 25' and we used bottom bouncers and a silver spinner. We did pretty good a few times coming in close to our limits but most of the time end up with like 1 fish. I know there is a lot in there so good luck!!!

ghotierman

Gilligan...good lake choice. Andrew has a nice walleye bit just starting...look forward to a good weekend. A couple spots to consider: Straight out from the public access there is a rock pile and under water point. Try jig and minnow presentations along the northern edge of the point/rocks. Try crank baits shallow near the creek mouth on the far northeast bay. There is another outlet on the southwest...again, try throwing rapalas shallow in the evenings.

good luck this weekend and let us know how you did!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598