• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CAMOMAN

MINNEWASKA

CAMOMAN

HEADING TO GLENWOOD FOR OPENER. HAVE FISHED MINNEWASKA A FEW TIMES, BUT ANY INPUT THAT WOULD HELP FOR A SUCCESSFUL WALLEYE OUTING WOULD BE GREAT. WOULD YOU SUGGEST STAYING ON MINNEWASKA, AND IF SO, WHERE AND WHAT. IF NOT, WHAT CLOSE LAKES CAN YOU RECOMMEND?

Skeets

Minnewaska is one awesome fishery.
If you fish walleyes, try live bait rigs, minnows or crawlers and concentrate the windy shorelines in 10-12' of water.
Another presentation that works well is bouncing #5 shad raps off the bottom at sunset. Stay shallow, 5-6 foot.
Have fun and release the biggins'.

------------------
Good Fishin'
Skeets
skeets@wans.net

CAMOMAN

We have tried mostly spinners and lindys with leaches and crawlers out in front of the Glenwood beach and Lakeside ballroom with little luck. We have also tried out from the first big point west of Torgys (the point with the resort on it), also with little/but some luck. Never really tried west of that point too much. In the evening, there always seems to be a large # of boats in the middle of the lake out from the school. Have also tried drifting there with little luck. Any add'l help would be appreciated. Thanks

Kicker

There is a small hump just off the mid lake bar in front of the High School...This is where you are seeing the boats out in the middle of the lake. Or, these boats are working the edges of the long underwater point that comes out from the High School. Both are great spots, and I recommend trying them both out. Also one my favorite spots that often times gets overlooked by other anglers is if you go out from the Starbuck landing and angle to your right...go a mile and a half or so and there is an innocent little point that sticks out. It is not a long point or stick out far, but it has great structure, offering the walleyes everything from shallow rocks/sand, to a pretty good drop off into 26-30 ft of water. With the weather patterns holding the way they are, these fish might be going back and forth not know which way to go!!! I'll be out there!!! See ya on the water!

CAMOMAN

THANKS KICKER, WILL HAVE TO GIVE THAT A TRY. WE WILL BE IN AN OLDER TAN & BLUE STARCRAFT. GIVE A WAVE IF YOU SEE US, OTHERWISE WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS WENT NEXT WEEK.
LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING OUT, FINALLY. DO YOU USUALLY DRIFT, JIG OR WHAT? SEEMS LIKE WHEN WE DRIFT WITH A CRAWLER OR LEACH, WE ALWAYS SEEM TO PICK UP ALOT OF SUNNYS. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS?

collegeoutdoorsman

anyone ever fish pelican lake which is connected to minnewaska?....if so do you have any tips for that lake.

Kicker

I have fished Pelican Lake by Glenwood for years. Success seems to be really lopsided, either you can really get into the walleyes, or you don't catch a thing. The last couple years has not been the best for the lake so I'll be fucussing my attention on Emily and Minnewaska. Oh, and Red Rock!!

Kicker

CAMOMAN

I FISHED RED ROCK ONE TIME LAST FALL WITH NOT MUCH LUCK, BUT A BUDDY OF MINE SWEARS BY THAT LAKE. I THINK THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE ON MINNEWASKA. WHERE IS PELICAN AT? WHAT IS THE WORD ON CRAPPIES ON MINNEWASKA. I HEAR OF PEOPLE CATCHING THEM, BUT HAVE NEVER REALLY GOTTEN INTO THEM. WHERES THE BEST PLACE FOR THAT?
CAMO.

Kicker

Traditionally the crappie bite on Minnewaska takes place right out from the DNR Hatchery Landing on the Glenwood end. This year has been pretty sketchy with the weather patterns being so unstable and cool. I was out there last weekend and we picked up some real nice size slabs about a mile or two down the shoreline towards Glenwood. My buddy also picked up a smally that had to go 6.5 lbs, it was a pig. No camera either...oh well, thats the way it works i guess!!

If there is one lake where you can get into some BIG walleyes I think it would have to be Red Rock, I don't know if the big females will be going by opener, but keep that lake in mind...A lake that I have hit the last couple openers also is Freeborn lake. It is a real small lake with not a lot of structure, but loaded with eyes!!!

CAMOMAN

WHERE IS FREEBORN FROM GLENWOOD?

IS THERE ANY NIGHT BITE ON MINNEWASKA, OR SURROUNDING AREA? I HAVE NOT REALLY TRIED THAT UP IN THAT AREA.

LOOKS LIKE IT MAY BE A WET WEEKEND OUT THERE!